02.

02: Aren't like the rest

Eggsy, Dahlia and Harry sat at the local pub, sitting in a booth. The two Kingsman sitting across from Lee's offspring.

"So... Before you was a tailor, were you in the army? Like an officer?" Eggsy questioned as Dahlia stirred her Bramble, not speaking to either of the men.

 Before you was a tailor, were you in the army? Like an officer?" Eggsy questioned as Dahlia stirred her Bramble, not speaking to either of the men

"Not quite."

"So where was you posted? Iraq or something?"

"Sorry, Eggsy. Classified."

"But my dad saved your life, yeah?" Eggsys heated statement made Dahlia smile as she drank more of her Bramble, Eggsy noticed and sent a sly wink her way. She winked back, a cheeky smile on her lips as she rose her drink.

"The day your father died, I missed something... And if it weren't for his courage, my mistake would have cost the lives of every man present. So I owe him. Your father was a brave man... A good man." Dahlia watched Eggsy smile as Harry spoke so highly of his father before both Dahlia knew that his smile would falter. "And having read your files, I'd think he'd be bitterly disappointed in the choices you've made."

"Harry." Dahlia slightly nudged, almost pleading him not to continue as she watched Eggsys smile drop.

"You can't talk to me like that." Eggsy said, straightening up, leaning back onto the booth chair.

"Huge IQ, great performance at primary school." Harry paused, looking at Dahlia as he spoke. "Then it all went tits up. Drugs, petty crime, never had a job." He finished before turning his eye back to Eggsy.

"Oh, you think there's a lot of jobs going around here, do you?" Eggsy asked, having the feeling that Harry and Dahlia never had to fight for a job, unlike him.

"Doesn't explain why you gave up your hobbies... First prize, regional under tens' gymnastics two years in a row... Your coach had you pegged as Olympic team material." Dahlia wasn't at the least surprised when he read his file. She could tell that under all his lose clothing, Eggsy was fit thanks to his chiseled jaw.

"Yeah, well, when you grow up around someone like my step-dad, you pick up new hobbies pretty quick." Dahlia looked at him apologetically. She had never known abuse before, but she understood the feeling of picking up bad habits... and then going south.

"Oh, of course. Always someone else's fault." Harry said sarcastically. Dahlia kept her eyes on Eggsy as she crossed her legs together "Who's to blame for you quitting the Marines? You were halfway through training, doing brilliantly, but you gave up..." The girl whispered, not wanting to be a push over.

"Because my mum went mental!" Eggsy yelled, leaning over the table in the slightest. "Banging on about losing me as well as my dad... Didn't want me being cannon fodder for snobs like you, judging people like me from your ivory towers, with no thought about why we do what we do!" Eggsy paused. "We ain't got much choice, you get me? And if we was born with the same silver spoon up our arses, we'd do just as well as you, if not better." He finished- relaxing himself as the pub doors creaked open, revealing the scrawny man Dahlia attacked his morning.