『Chapter Sixteen』

[Sebastian's POV]

It wasn't fair. For humans it was so simple, you met the love of your life, get married, have children, grow old and die together. For demons, love isn't so easy. There is a strong connection holding you to your master but then another different connection to the one you love and your heart is torn between those two connections. We convinced Ciel to let (Y/N) stay and work here, he thought she was responsible and safe to leave the manor with while we went on trips.

It seemed as though there was a similarity between all the 'outings' lately, those damn Trancy idiots. They always seem to be near us. The cocky little Alois brat walks around as though he owns the place. Those triplets Timber, Canterbury, and Thompson are so perfectly in sync and so perfectly irritating. Hannah, well it had been years since I saw her last...she seems terrified of Alois, though he did tear out her eye. And then there was Claude. That moronic demon, he acts as though he is on my level, he thinks he can kill me? I'm almost ashamed to be of the same species as him. If he thinks he can touch my master and get away with it he has another thing coming! I admit he has some skill as a fighter, however as a butler...he is underwhelming. There are spider webs all around the house, I don't care about the reason for it they look ghastly. I get a bad feeling around that clan...they will certainly trouble me.

My darling (Y/N) is doing well. It has been about seven months since the fire, and her belly has grown so much, (Y/N) looks as though she could pop at any moment. She has been given a leave from work around the mansion for the time being, and we decided to marry as soon as she can fit in the dress again. She still looks beautiful and amuses me every day. Since she has had time off work she has taken to challenging Ciel to more games of chess. Miss. Elizabeth comes around every week to discuss the wedding secretly with (Y/N), Paula and Mey-Rin. I haven't been allowed to see the dress or any of the wedding plans.

Life has been frantic these past few months and I knew the situation wasn't getting much better any time soon...

[An Month Later]

[Your POV]

Sebastian always came home. He always told me the fantastic stories of where he has been. I always knew if their outings had gone well or not by his expression when he came back. This time...he looked like death. When he came to talk to me that night, he could barely breathe, he couldn't look into my eyes, he couldn't smile. "That brat's dog for eternity." He mumbled after what had seemed an age of silence. I popped out my cat ears and lead his hand to them, as I had become accustomed to doing when he was upset. He slowly petted my ears and began to tell me what had happened. "...So in summary Ciel is a demon now." The story seemed so far-fetched and unbelievable. My heart seemed to stop. "Let me get this straight." I said trying to reason with what I just heard. "Because Sebastian ordered you to take his soul or something and then became a demon...you have to serve him forever." "Sort of." He hung his head for a moment before slowly rising and moving over to a tea set he brought up. 

He looked at the set for a moment before smashing it to the floor. I flinched. "Sebastian, STOP! This isn't going to solve anything." I rose from my bed and slowly waddled over to him, holding my stomach, "It's not the end of the world. You have me, you have your son to be. You have a good home and in all honesty, Ciel isn't that bad of a master. If I can live with him, you certainly can. Now that he's a demon, I'm sure he can take care of himself a little more." I held his face in my hands. "It'll be okay." He slowly smiled a sad smile and looked away from my eyes. "We are leaving." He said to me, I assumed it was another call from the 'Queen'. "We don't know if we are coming back." I was distraught... "I can come too right?" "I'm sorry, only demons can go to where we are going. We have to find a way to break the contract, you can't come." I felt the tears stream down my face. "B-but the baby...and we're not even married yet. A-and oh GOD!" I screamed. I fell to my knees trying to stop the pain burning through my heart. "I'm so sorry." Sebastian sobbed he was clearly upset too. He held me where I kneeled as I cried into him all night.

[Three Days Later]

"Do with the house what you will. I shall not be needing it anymore." Ciel said with a slight smile. Sebastian gave me a final hug and kissed me. "Goodbye, all of you." Ciel waved to his ever-loyal servants before his carriage door closed. "Goodbye my love, I'll never forget you." Sebastian whispered. Into my hand, he pushed a heart-shaped locket. It had Sebastian engraved on it and when I opened it I saw a picture of the two of us. He reached beneath his shirt and pulled out a matching locket that had (Y/N) engraved on it. I smiled at him and gave him another kiss. "I love you so much." I told him taking his hand and resting it on my stomach. 

Obligingly the baby inside me gave a small kick after feeling his father's presence. "We will always be with you." A tear rolled down my cheek and he swiftly wiped it away before joining Ciel inside the carriage. The two of them waved from the carriage window and they drove away. We all stayed there for a while after the carriage had disappeared over the horizon. It was Mey-rin who broke the silence. "So what now?" She asked, taking her glasses off to clean them before placing them in her pocket. "I don't know." Finny and Baldroy answered at the same time. Tanaka placed a hand on my shoulder. "First." He said in a wise voice. "We take care of Miss. (Y/N)." My friends looked at me and nodded. 

I smiled weakly at them. "Thank you." I said quietly. Suddenly pain shot through my stomach. My friends stepped back as liquid pooled around my feet. My eyes widened. "What?" I questioned, the pain made me feel faint. "It's early." Tanaka said. "Mey-Rin, call for the doctor." Mey-Rin saluted and marched inside the manor. "Finnian, Baldroy, take Miss. (Y/N) inside to her room." Tanaka took my hand and smiled. "This baby is coming now." He leaned close to me. "Perhaps he wants to make sure you are never alone?" Tanaka smiled before deflating into his chibi form. Finny and Baldroy took me inside as I clutched my stomach, I was eager to see what the child would look like. I smiled. Sebastian will always be with me...even just partially...he will always be there...