Take Your Time Pt. 2

He wrapped his arms around you as you nuzzled your face into his neck, tears falling down your face. He hugged you tightly and did nothing more. The two of you stayed like that, for nearly ten minutes before you pulled away, breathing deeply and wiping at your eyes. "Sorry" you mumbled quietly and he cupped your cheek. You looked up into his eyes and the first thing he says is "You cut off your fire locks?" You let out a laugh and walk over to the couch and sit down shake your head yes.

You look up at him and pat the couch next to you and he walks over after taking off his snow boots, hat and gloves and jacket. You look at him and say "Why don't you tell me why you really came here tonight?" "I---" You cut him off, "Let me go get you a different shirt, I soaked yours with my crying"

He nodded and you ran upstairs. I entered my bedroom and my mind is completely filled with all the memories from before when it was just me and him against the world, before he started dating her. You grab one of his t-shirts from the bottom drawer in your dresser from the countless times he had stayed the night. "Here" You hand him the t-shirt, he pulls the shirt he has on off and you had never thought anything of Steve other than a best friend; until now.

You are sitting on one end of the couch and Steve is sitting at the other end. You're staring at him and you never realized how pretty he was. You understand now why every girl in your school was in love with him. You don't blame them, he was gorgeous.

"Y/E/N cheated on me"

You look down at your hands as tears start to fall again. You feel the couch dip down directly next to you and you feel Steve wrap his left arm around you and says "I'm Sorry" "Well, I broke up with him," you had explained. "He was making out with Nancy. At the party. That he forced me to go to, with him. He took me there." "What a dickhead."

"Yeah" you looked down as his thumb traced circles on the back of your hand. You could instantly tell that he was doing this subconsciously as he studied your face. "Sorry I came here unannounced" "No. Don't be," you shook your head. "I'm glad you did"

Suddenly, you felt yourself being drawn in towards him. You connected your lips with Steve's and it felt like nothing you have ever felt before. Nothing else mattered but Steve and you at the moment. But he pulls away unsurely. "Don't kiss me, you don't actually want to. That's your way of getting back at Y/E/N"

"Steve" you turned your body to face him fully, "It's really not like that." "You promise?"

You were positive that you kissing him wasn't just because of Y/E/N. You had feelings for him when you first moved here and became friends with him. You didn't say anything about your feelings when you first became friends with him because you didn't want to lose the only friend you had at the time. He's been hurt one too many times "Yes, I promise"

Steve pulls you closer to him and wraps both arms around you as you lay your head on his chest. You feel him take a deep breath and place a kiss on the top of your head. "I've wanted to do that since I met you" Silently, you feel him smile and you wrap your arms around his waist. You look up at him and he gives you a small smile and he places a hand on your cheek and places his lips to yours softly. You curl back into his chest and you stayed like that for the rest of the night.