Chapter 8-Dark Intentions

Chapter 8—Dark Intentions

Kaname clenched his hand into a fist at the thought about the Duel, where he suffered a great defeat against Kira. Even though it wasn't a "loss", since the Headmaster called it a draw however, it had made him think long and hard about the duel.

Twenty minutes ago, he was challenged to a duel by the black-haired boy. He accepted, knowing the how the match would turn out. Unfortunately, he was wrong. Not even Thirty seconds before the match started, Kaname was quickly overwhelmed. He admitted internally, the boy's skills had improved since the last time they fought, but nothing on the scale like what he had seen.

The fast sword swings that looked like a flashes of black crossed his field of vision. At lightning speed, the blade made contact with his sword, and left with barely anytime to form some sort of plan, Kaname was completely overwhelmed. Not just in speed, but also strength and skill. It hadn't been a full year, and somehow, Kira had managed to dominate him in a matter of seconds.

And just as he finally about to turn the tables of fate on his opponent, the duel was forced into a conclusion by the Headmaster, who ended the match as a draw. Some of the students considered a draw as something better than a loss. But in his eyes, a draw meant something bad: his worst fear.

"......!"

Realizing this, Kaname gritted his teeth, feeling his anger starting to boil out of control. Normally, he would have control over his emotions, but now, his emotions had escaped from the dark depths of his heart. Kira, a boy who merely entered Starfall Academy a year ago, had somehow became something more in a matter of months. Such quick growth was Phenomenal, even amongst the prestigious families in Iria, those who are born with skill and talent had to keep training and honing those two valuable pieces in order to make them whole.

But Kaname knew for certain that the black-haired boy wasn't born to any of the higher class families. However, the quick attacks from him earlier left Kaname on edge. He glanced at his shoulder injury, clicking his tongue as he reminded himself not underestimate his enemy's abilities. Then again, he was kind of glad that he did: he collected some useful information on the boy—at least, combative wise—but it should be useful to him.

Kira has a hard time dealing with heavy attacks, especially when he doesn't have time to react. Another thing is he has a hard time fending off against hand-to-hand combat skills.

Perhaps he's not used to dealing with them in combat...?

Kaname pondered hard at the boy's strengths and weaknesses. And so far, there were only three weaknesses he could think of. As for other information on him, there wasn't much. It was like he didn't exist at all. Curious about the lack of information, Kaname began to ponder on the possibilities on why there was barely any on the boy's records. However, none of the possibilities didn't match up to Kira's personality, which made things very unclear about him. But it was very clear to Kaname that the boy was definitely hiding something.

With that in mind, Kaname prepared to make a plan for the next time they duel.

But none that explains his rapid growth...!

Kaname clenched his fist, his anger now boiling out of control. He shot his fist forward and made clear contact with the wall. In his three years of being a student of the Academy, there was no way anyone could easily best him in combat. Until he showed up. That boy, Akashi Kira, who had no skill whatsoever when they first met, then suddenly, he became stronger within a year and six months.

It was impossible anyone to achieve that strength, regardless how powerful they were. But Kira easily achieved that kind of strength in record time. But Kaname wanted to know how he became so strong in so short of time. Was it some cheap trick? Or did he copy his movements?