Chapter 14

CONTAINS SOME CURSE WORDS, NOTHING MAJOR!

Arthur's P.O.V

Arthur didn't even have a chance to speak his words down the phone, as Y/N had already cut him off, the phone line going dead, indicating she either didn't want to hear him oppose her decision or she was going off to do it.

He was already racing out of the supermarket and back to his car, not even bothering with the seat belt as he drove as fast as he could to the Nordics' home, cussing profanities loud enough for only him to hear. He didn't know if he could get to the place in time; it was indeed around 20 minutes from the stores, but he hoped he would get to it before Y/N had a chance to do anything.

Just as his hopes trembled upwards in his head, the reality finally struck him, as his car begun stopping due to the massive line of traffic on the roads, there had been an accident and they had cordoned off the entire strip of road, meaning no-one could get past.

"F*ck me." He grumbled, slamming his fists against the steering wheel, his bushy eyebrows scrunched as the only thing he could do know was wait. He quickly grabbed his phone of his pocket and attempted to ring Y/N's phone once again, and again, and again, but to no avail, was there an answer.

"Bloody hell..." he cursed, leaning back into his seat, the adrenaline pumping through his veins, his head felt like it was pounding. He didn't know how he was going to make it, or if he would make it in time, he didn't know what would happen. He could only hope Y/N was reconsidering.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~* ~ * ~ * ~

Meanwhile.

Lukas didn't expect a harsh knock at his door, jolting him from looking at his spell book once again, his tired eyes blankly looking over towards the door. He mumbled a 'come in', as the person came though, and he wasn't surprised to see Y/N there.

"Hey..." He murmured, his thoughts occupied on the writing on the pages. He felt the bed dip slightly, he looked up to see her sitting on the edge beside him. She must've thought he felt awkward about personal space, so she sat as far away from him to not make him feel uncomfortable.

"Lukas.... I-"

"No I get it. We've both tried, but there's no use... We're stuck like this forever - best I should start getting used to it." He gestured, and Y/N could sense the sadness he felt. She shifted, but she continued slowly, "I-I... might've found something to help break the spell."

She expected him to look at her, but she never thought she would see such different emotions bubbling in his dark eyes; surprise, suspicion, confusion or happiness?

"How?" He breathed heavily, and watched as Y/N pulled out her phone, the translation still on it as she explained everything with a strained meek voice. There was silence, and she knew he was taking everything in from the text, "That means one... thing though... and I-I thought if there had t-to be a sacrifice, that I-"

"No." She blinked twice, his voice was deep and serious, his eyes set like Star Sapphire gems, "You would sacrifice yourself for us so that we would go back to normal? Are you insane?" It was rare to see Lukas so angry sometimes, and this was the first time she had seen Lukas mad at her, angry with her decision.

"Do you know what could happen? You would be like us. You wouldn't be able to go back to normal ever again-"

"I know!" She blurted, hot tears leaking out from her eyes and dripping down her cheeks. Lukas quietened as he listened to her rapid breathing, but allowed her to continue. "I get that, I know the consequences. But I'm tired of seeing all of you like this! I'm tired of watching you struggle in and out, day and night, wanting to be normal once again. Seeing the pain and sadness you all feel. I want to make you all happy once again..." she sniffed, looking at him, her E/C eyes red and puffy.