Mathias' Ending

This is the Mathias (Aph Denmark) Ending, so it will be just Mathias x Reader. ENJOY!

January.

Christmas had come and gone, and with that, Y/N probably had the best break she had ever had. In the end, she decided to split it off in terms of who she would visit. She spent the first week with the Nordics and the second half (during Christmas day to New Year's) with her family.

She still visited her closest friends as well, and she mainly spent it with those who meant so much to her. It was finally a time for her not to stress about anything; she could get a break from work and college and could now spend it without having to worry.

The Nordics kept a good eye on her, mainly Mathias, since he was the only one who wasn't really doing much to help, especially when it came to decorating or cooking. That was what Y/N liked about Mathias; he was carefree and wanted to live his life without having to act such like an adult.

For someone who was the second oldest, he could rather immature, and sometimes, that was what Y/N needed in her life. She wanted to enjoy that feeling of feeling like a child once again, to not have any problems or let them trouble her.

She wasn't sure if she liked Mathias, like, really, really, REALLY liked him. It was a bit more difficult to see if he did like her more than a friend too. It was also weird since he had dated in the past, but he never really talked about if he was dating anyone at the moment.

He treated her like any one of his closest pals, like Alfred or Gilbert. She thought she was one of the boys, and that could be seen as a bad thing, since that could potentially mean she could've been friendzoned by him ages ago.

She tried not to think much of it, especially when she was with him, since it brought many thoughts into her head, whether she liked him more than a friend or not. She couldn't really think about right now, since she was at a party, a party to celebrate the new year with all of her friends, new and old.

Everyone was there, even Lukas turned up. But most of all, Mathias was there, trying his best to get drunk as quickly as possible, which was impossible since he had such a high tolerance.

Y/N was drinking, but not as much as Mathias was, since she would be drunk in under five drinks and a few shots. Compared to Mathias, he wasn't even tipsy, he was still able to not slur his words or be clumsy. After some time of watching him from afar dance with everyone (including some girls who tried to drag him off the dance floor), Y/N thought it would be best to go outside to get some fresh air.

It was still cold, and being the idiot she was, she had left her jacket inside the cloakroom, and was only wearing a just-about see-through dress and boots. She shivered, clinging to herself to try and keep warm.

 She shivered, clinging to herself to try and keep warm

The only reason she wanted to go outside was mainly because she didn't want to see Mathias with other girls dancing with them, since she knew she would get jealous.

"Hey, there you are." Her head turned so far she felt it click making her internally groan. Mathias had managed to get outside too, holding a bottle of beer in his hands, he made his way to stand beside her, "What you doing out here? They brought out pizzas."

She smiled softly, shrugging dismissively, "Just... feeling tired, needed some air. All the drinks got to my head." Mathias watched her, his blue eyes inspecting her and she knew he knew she hadn't drunk that many drinks.

He nodded nevertheless anyway, "Why you out here? It looked like that blonde girl was enjoying that dance with you." She didn't mean to sound so jealous, as she moved further into the garden, sitting on the bench next to the small pond, Mathias following after her.

He laughed, running a hand through his hair as he placed his bottle on the ground beside him, "Thought I would give you some company. And also, I couldn't find you, thought you ran off." He smiled brightly, leaning in the bench.

"And besides, I wasn't interested in her."

She looked to him, surprise written on her face, making him laugh quietly, "And what are you interested in then?" She asked. Mathias bite his bottom lip nervously, looking from her then off into the garden. She noticed it too, but most people had made their way inside, and it was really just the two of them alone.

She shivered more and more, looking to Mathias, who hadn't answered her question, but she dismissed it quickly, thinking he would be too embarrassed to talk about it. He glanced to her, seeing her trying to warm herself up.

"Here." Before she could object, he had already taken off his jacket, and throwing it around her shoulders. It was so big, it almost engulfed her, making her look even more cute in the Dane's eyes. "You could've given it to someone more that you liked." She grumbled quietly, but he heard it.

And without even missing a beat, he replied, "I just did."

She twisted her head to him, her E/C eyes wide as she looked to him, her heartbeat started to stammer, a bright red blush envelop her cheeks, "Y-You what?" She croaked.

Mathias was just as shy about it, but he tried to play it off as cool, "Y-Yeah, I kinda like you." He looked at her face to see any reaction, but it seemed everything inside had shut off on standby.

"S-Since when?"

"Since the summer after senior year." He replied, as he turned his gaze from her, thinking she would turn him down, "I didn't think you liked me like that. You always seemed to s-see me more as one of the guys."

He looked at her, surprised, "Did I?" She nodded timidly. He cursed quietly to himself in Danish, and she didn't even understand what he had said to himself, "I-I didn't mean it like that. It was just... you were more chill than any other girl... Shit.... I f*cked it up didn't I?"

Y/N smiled, shaking her head, "You didn't.... because I... like you too."

His own blue eyes widened, "Really?" He beamed, and she laughed, thinking of him like he was an energetic puppy. "I'm not dreaming am I?" He leaned in his seat, but she had noticed he had scooted closer to her, their thighs touching, but she didn't mind, she actually liked the feeling.

"I hope not... I would be much taller than this if this were a dream..." He cracked a laugh, smiling at her joke, "You could've had any other girl than me.... I don't understand-"

"You're different from other girls. I don't think any other girl would sacrifice herself to save her friends... You're pretty, brave, smart, you never fail to make me laugh or smile.... My brothers like you and see you as part of the family..."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that." she leaned into him more, carefully so until her back was leaning into her chest. He enveloped her into his arms, wrapping his arms around her waist and hugging her from behind.

She turned to him, and slowly, they both leaned into each other, and she could feel his breath fan across her face, until she was too busy closing her eyes and kissing him softly. She rested her hands on his chest, whilst he held onto her more around her waist, both not caring for if they got caught.

But they were oblivious to the other Nordics watching from the open door of the house, all simultaneously speaking after a moment of having to wait for so long.

"It's about time."

A/N:

So that's one down, a million more to go (lol jk). Next up, is Lukas! SEE YOU SOON!!