Distraction

I try to pay attention to the movie' but I'm having an awfully hard time doing that. I keep getting distracted by Emmett and the anxiety I have about his surprise. My brain keeps coming up with all the ways it could go wrong. I think Emm senses that I am nerves because the next thing I know he has a hold of my hand, staring into my eyes. I can see the worry in his eyes. "I'm fine just a little restless" I say. He nods his head and goes back to watching the movie, but i can tell he's still worried. He doesn't let go of my hand instead he squeezes it lightly and cuddles up to me. I smile and force my eyes back to the movie some of my worries diminish. A few minutes later a waiter comes up to Emm informing him that he has won something and asks him to please stay in the theater after the movie. I heard him say okay, but I knew he was suspicious. I try to act normal but it's difficult because I know if he chooses not to stay it could ruin the whole surprise. Throughout the movie I kept switching between watching the movie and thinking about what to say to get him to stay. When the time comes for the lights to turn on and the credits to roll he finally turns to inform me of what he's been told.

"I don't know if we should stay or not. It could be a hoax or possibly that guy that's been stalking you trying to isolate us. Or... " he started panicking.

"Babyboy you have gotta calm down. I'll stay here with you and be ready for any of those situations, and if you get any more uncomfortable we can always leave. Ok? " I said to calm him down. He nods, it seems as if I have calmed him down enough for him to atay and see the surprise.

Just when he is about ready to leave the lights turn off again. On the screen the words 'Emmett, my love, I have a question for you' appear. I hear a gasp come from Emm. I look over to see him with his hands covering his mouth, and eyes that are sparkling like a pond would when the moonlight hits the water just right to cause millions upon millions of stars to be trapped to below the surface, waiting to be set free.