Will you...

Music starts to play as pictures of us back when we were just friends flash across the screen. Followed by these words ‘ Before I had the great honour of calling you my boyfriend I just knew you as my best friend although I may not have been yours. Then that all changed when we went Karaoke with our friends. When I finally worked up the courage to ask you to be more than just my friend.'

The pictures stop as a video of me singing Only Love (by Shaggy, Pitbull, and Gene Noble) to Emmett with all my heart. While I’m singing I slowly made my way to him. When the instrumental break came up I looked him straight in the eyes and asked him out right then and there. The video then cuts to Emmett's shocked face. I later discover he was shocked because he thought I was singing to someone else. When it clicks that I was waiting for him to answer he nodded his head and whispered “Yes”. The video cuts back to me as I proceed to finish the song.

More pictures roll across the screen. This time they are of  our time together as a couple. ‘Ever since that day my life changed for the better. Of course we had some rough spots. But believe me when I say I truly truly love you. You have saved me so many times that when I look at all the things I have done for you, it never seems like enough. I always feel like a burden. That you would be so much better off without me. I’m constantly scared that I’m slowly suffocating you. You’re like a forest to me so beautiful and alive. I just can’t help but want to explore you, see all your wonders, and keep so much of you to myself. But much like a forest if you stay too long or keep to much you could end up ruining or killing it. The thing is I can’t help but want to be selfish. Yet at the same time I don’t want to ruin you, and I know you are constantly reassuring me that I’m not a nuisance to you. I’m aware that you have probably grown tired of it. I love you more because you never tell me to stop, but rather you make me feel loved instead. I don’t want to suffocate you, but I’m too selfish to give you up. So if  look to you left, because I would like to ask you something.’ He slowly turned to me with suspicion in his eyes only to see me looking at him hiding something behind my back. “Emmett my love will you” I paused.  

“adopt a puppy with me?” I asked as I pulled out a little leather collar.  

He just stares at me for awhile until I hear “You jackass.”

I laughed “What? What did I do?”

He just shook his head and laughed “ Yes, you jerk, I will adopt a puppy with you.”

I sighed “That's good because I remember you saying you wanted a Belgian Shepherd, so I got one three week ago. All we have to do now is name him.”

“Where the hell have you been keeping him?” he questioned.

I let out a nervous laugh “You know how you got jealous of me spending too much time helping  Dave out?”

“Yeah?” he sounded confused as to what I was getting at.

I chuckled “Yeah lets just say he didn't get along so well with the puppy.”

I watched as realization hit “Oh… I guess that was a good reason to spend that much time with him, but I want my puppy now.”

I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face even if I wanted to. “Alright, alright. We will go get OUR puppy.”