Beginning

Shi smiled as he watched his brother get married to his one true love, Li Luo. The two had been through a lot and it's about time for them to tie the knot. Though he felt quite sorry for Lan Shang. Her affections for his brother wasn't a secret to all.

"Lan Shang," He called out, going beside the mermaid princess. "Are you alright?"

She gave him a sad smile. "I will be. At least I know that Ka Suo is happy. Besides Li Luo is my friend. I'm really happy for them" She said, tears pooling down her eyes.

Shi nodded in sympathy. "You're a great woman Lan Shang. I'm sure that you'll find someone someday."

She smiled happily this time. He wasn't wrong. Actually, someone had already confessed to her. She just needed time to sort her feelings out and that person understands.

Meanwhile, Shi's focused wasn't on the mermaid princess anymore nor at the couple in front. His mind was fixed on the person he had loved since the first time he saw her.

It was the first time that the ice tribe and the fire tribe met in terms of forming an alliance. He was still very young back then. He was beside her mother when the fire king introduced his children. At first, he didn't pay any attention to it but then he saw her.

The boy gaped, gaze fixed on the fire princess. He thought that no one could ever surpassed his mother's beauty. But he was wrong. The proof was standing in front of him. From then on, he always sees to it that he accompanies his mother whenever both tribes have a meeting. Hoping that he would see her again. Sadly, that was the first and last time that he saw her.

"Shi." Someone said, interrupting his thoughts. He blinked, eyes focusing on his brother's worried gaze.

His eyes widened. "Ge."

"Are you alright?"

"Uh... yeah. Sorry. I was just thinking..."

"We noticed. You were so focused that you didn't even notice that our wedding's over." Li Luo said, teasing him.

Shi laughed in embarrassment. Seriously, whenever it involves Yan Da he always loses his focus on his surroundings.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Meanwhile, somewhere in the fire kingdom...

Yan Da angrily destroyed the big rock in front of her. She just came back from the Sacred Snow Mountain.

"Based on that, I could say that you're meeting with King Phoenix didn't go well." a voice said from behind her. The fire princess growled, facing her older brother - Shuo Gang.

"That arrogant bastard." She said, seething. "If only he isn't a king, he'd be a fried bird by now."

"What did he do?"

"It started well. Very hospitable in fact. I should have known that he had ulterior motives behind that "welcoming smile" of his. Then night came, and he came into my room unannounced. He just barged in, wanting to "test" my feistiness."

Shuo Gang's eyes narrowed. His dislike for the Bird king was growing by the minute. "What did you do?"

The fire princess smirked. "Let's just say that I gave him a dose of his own medicine."

The crown prince laughed, shaking his head. "Just pray that he won't retaliate. Or worse his interest in you will grow because of what you did."

Hearing that, the fire princess scowled. "If he dares to try anything again, I'll castrate him."

Shuo Gang winched, knowing that his sister is serious.

"Wait. What are you doing here? I thought you'd gone with father to attend Ka Suo's wedding?"

"He changed his mind. He said that I should wait for you instead. Speaking of which, isn't it about time for you to find someone?"

Yan Da gave him an irritated glare. She hated this topic. Even her father had asked her more than once and it's starting to get on her nerves. "Brother, we are immortals. I can be single as long as I want."

"Hmm... are you sure it's not because your long time crush just got married to your best friend?"

Yan Da avoided his gaze. "Don't involve Ka Suo and Li Luo on this. They've got nothing to do with me not having a love life. It's just that I still have a lot of things to do before getting married."

Shuo Gang nodded. "But isn't it better to do those things with someone?"

Yan Da's eye twitched. "Brother, why don't you go and bother your fiancé instead? This conversation ends here." She said, walking away.

Shuo Gang sighed, watching his sister as she walked away. He knew that Ka Suo's wedding did affect her. Though, his sister is good at hiding her feelings. He could still read her... well sometimes. Peak of growing up with her.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Yan Da stared at the infinite ocean in front of her. Her brother's words echoed in her mind. It's not like she wanted to be loveless. In fact, she yearned for someone to stand beside her. She has a lot of suitors but they never appealed to her.

She thought that she was just not interested in men or anyone at all. Maybe she's asexual until she met Ka Suo. His gentle and honest nature attracted her. Unfortunately, it's not her that he had fallen in love with... but to her best friend almost like a sister Li Luo.

Li Luo had been her best friend since childhood. She was beautiful and amazing person. No wonder Ka Suo fell for her. She sighed, looking at the water beneath her.

At first it did hurt, seeing that the two were clearly in love with each other. The two people whom she loves dearly... love each other.

Yan Da let her tears fall, crying for the love that can never be. At the same time, praying that her  two best friends will have a long and happy life together.