Part 2

Yan Da was taking bath in a river when a ball of fire landed in front of her. If not for her quick reflexes, it would have hit her straight on.

What the hell!? What was that!?

"A man?" She uttered in confusion and curiosity when she saw the unconscious figure in front of her. Is he human or not? Probably not, a normal mortal wouldn't survive a heat that intense.

"Wei." She said, prodding the unconscious man. He groaned. His eyes barely opening. "Are you alright?" she continued, frowning when she got no answer.

Moving closer, she saw that the man fainted again.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi slowly came into consciousness. He frowned, feeling someone pinch his cheeks. The person then proceeded to caress his cheek and trace the slope of his nose. Whoever it is... her/ his hand is very warm and calming.

Feeling the person pinch his cheek harder, he opened his eyes. His curious gaze was met by a calm one. Shi stared at the woman in front of her, debating whether he is dreaming or not. Yan Da?

"Wei, what are you staring at?" she said, pinching his cheek harder. Shi just blinked, making the fire princess frown.

"You're weird," she said, letting go of him. "How are you feeling?"

Shi is still surprise to see her so he couldn't speak. Yan Da crouched down again to his level, putting a hand on his forehead.

"You don't have a fever. Are you mute then? Why aren't you speaking?" She continuously asked. Shi looked away, swallowing the lump on his throat. Praying that she wouldn't notice the fast beating of his heart.

"Or... is this your first time to see a beautiful princess like me?" She said teasingly. With her fingers, she gently grasped his chin, making him look at her. Shi quickly looked down, making her laugh. She could see how his face and ears turned red. So, he has a crush on me. How cute.

She then got up, getting the thing that his servants found near their camp. It's a bag sealed with a magical energy, confirming her suspicion that the man in her bed is an immortal.

"Here. These are yours isn't it?"

Shi's eyes widened. "Yes. Where did you found them?"

"So, you can talk." She said, smiling. "My people found them near our camp."

"Oh, thank you."

The princess shrugged. "So, you're okay right?"

Shi nodded.

"Good then you can leave," Yan Da said, making Shi furrowed his eyebrows. "If you want you can eat first before leaving." She said, going out of the tent.

Outside...

An eagle flew down, carefully landing in front of Yan Da.

"Kaze, what did you find out?"

"You are right, Princess. The king indeed sent you here because of King Phoenix. He sent a messenger the same day when you left his kingdom. He wanted to make you his wife."

Yan Da gritted her teeth. "That insolent wild bird!"

"Do you want me to go to the Sacred Snow Mountain? I'll inform you about the happenings in there."

"No. Stay here with me. Be my look out. Dove and Nightingale are already watching his kingdom."

"I see. And Dark?"

"He's on the borders. Go and rest. I know that it's not easy coming in here."

The mighty bird bowed, leaving her majesty.

I will never let you have me, Phoenix. You are a treacherous greedy bastard. Not to mention cruel. I'd rather die than be your wife.