Part 11

Shi stopped Yan Da before she could enter her room.

"What's wrong?"

"Can we talk...?" Shi asked not letting go of her hand. Yan Da was about to protest but she saw the uncertainty and seriousness in his eyes.

"Sure."

"Let's go inside."

"Uh... how about the garden instead?"

She looked at him curiously but then agreed.

When they reached the garden, Shi took a deep sigh, worrying Yan Da more. "If it's about the battle, it's okay if you don't want to fight." She told him. Her heart felt heavy when she told him that but she didn't really want to force him into anything.

"No. It's not that. Well not really...before you say anything else. Let me finish first?" He said with uncertainty. Jeez, this is difficult. But he knew that he needed to do this now.

"Okay."

Shi closed his eyes before facing her again. "There's this person that I've liked since I was a child. Every year, even if I didn't see her my feelings for her grew deeper."

Yan Da felt her heart break at that. Is he going to reject her?

"Just a week ago though, it seems like my luck had turned better. I finally saw her again." He said, smiling. A faraway look in his eyes. He was busy remembering so he didn't notice the tears in Yan Da's eyes.

He only did when it felt, dropping on his right hand. He looked at her in surprise. "Y-yan Da...?"

"You want to go back to her, is that it?" She said, not bothering to hide her pain. She then roughly brushed her tears away, turning her back towards him. "Go. Just leave. I'm sorry for keeping you away from her."

Yan Da bit her lip, trying not to sob when she felt him move. She closed her eyes, feeling her heart break into pieces. She was surprised though when she felt arms enveloped her, holding her close and gently.

"Silly, Yan Da. What are you thinking?"

She frowned. "You said it yourself. You saw the person you liked again. I'm sure you want to go and spend time with her."

"Yan Da, when did we meet?"

"What's that got to-..." Yan Da stopped at that. Eyes wide, realizing what he meant. She faced him. "Y-you m-ean...?"

Shi smiled, cupping her cheek. "It's you. I've always liked you, Yan Da. That's why... when I saw you. I couldn't stop lying just to be by your side." He admitted.

"Lie? About what?" She said. Her heart was beating in fear again.

"My identity and condition."

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry," he told her, putting his hands down. "But that time the only thing in my mind was being with you. To be finally close to you."

When she didn't react for some time, he let out a sad smile. Yan Da processed what he said. Her gaze then met his. "What's your real name?"

"Ying Kong Shi."

Yan Da let out a sarcastic laugh. "I see. The youngest prince of the Ice Tribe." She then held his chin. "Tomorrow. If they will agree to my proposition and you win the battle, I'll give you my answer."

Shi looked at her in surprise. He thought she was going to reject him right there, right now. Yan Da smiled, leaning in. She kissed him hotly.

"Just a little something... to get you more motivated," she told him after the kiss. Shi's eyes blaze, glinting in determination.

~Time Skip~

As Yan Da expected, the two arrogant kings did accept her proposal. Now, they were all facing each other. Hei Feng and Phoenix' eyes were fixed on hers, looking at her possessively. She just smirked, returning their gaze with defiance.