Chapter 1

November 11, 2017

It's been almost a month now. The footsteps that always seem to follow me no matter what turns I take, the clicks and flashes of a camera I see and hear while sleeping or leaving the house, the constant feeling of somebody watching me... it's getting to be too much. I'm not sure how long I can take it without going crazy.

I've considered telling the police, but I doubt they would do anything about it. People like me get stalkers all the time. You would think a few camera flashes wouldn't throw me off guard with me being a model, but this is much different than just paparazzi. I have a really bad feeling about this, like it's more than just a crazy fan.

Taehyung put down his pen, the sound of his journal snapping shut echoing in the previously silent room. He stood up and walked over to his small bookshelf, placing it in its usual strategic hiding place behind two thick-as-bricks books that had been collecting dust. It was the perfect place to hide the journal. Nobody would think to look for a book on a bookshelf.

It's not like too many people came to his house, anyway. Especially after his stalker started making its appearances, he wasn't comfortable bringing others into his home. The only people he truly trusted were two of his friends, Jin and Jimin, who were also models. The three of them had been inseparable since the day they met. They were three of seven men selected for an exclusive photo shoot, but the other four mainly kept to themselves, apparently too stuck up to even talk to  them.

Taehyung fell against his bed, his back hitting the soft mattress, causing it to bounce slightly. He laid there for a while, his arms spread as if he was going to make a snow angel and half of his legs bending over the edge of the bed. Despite the somewhat uncomfortable position, he found his eyes beginning to fall shut, threatening to send him into a blissful state of unconsciousness.

He eagerly accepted the chance to get such easy sleep. Usually he was up late doing shoots, writing, or just plagued by insomnia. It was a relief to feel tired so quickly, to say the least.

Just as his facial muscles had softened and his breathing began to steady, he felt the vibration of his phone against the mattress. His mind was volted back into full consciousness, leaving him with a groggy grumpiness. He opened the notification, plotting the murder of whoever it was that had the nerve to wake him up before he could even really fall asleep.

His plans fell short when he saw he had a text from an unknown number. He clicked it to see a picture of himself, laid across the white sheets as he was just a minute ago. A new bubble appeared, indicating that whoever sent him that was typing. His trembling hands gripped tightly onto his phone as he waited.

[From: Unknown]
You look so beautiful when you sleep, baby boy..

His breath caught in his throat, snapping his head toward the window about twenty feet from his bed and noticing the curtain was open. He dropped his phone on the mattress and quickly went to the window, looking out of it before closing it. Upon returning to his phone, he noticed the typing bubble appear again.

[From: Unknown]
Aw, did you really have to close the curtain? I was enjoying the view.

[To: Unknown]
Who is this, and how did you get my number?

Also, I'm not your baby boy.

Taehyung decided to text back, confused as to how this person even got his number. He didn't even know why he asked the first question, as he knew who it was. It had to be the stalker, unless one of his friends were playing a prank on him.

[From: Unknown]
You ask too many questions, baby boy. Just keep your mouth shut and look pretty like you usually do.

Taehyung turned his screen off, tossing the phone on the other end of the bed. He pulled his knees up to his chest, resting his chin on them as he hugged his arms around his lower legs. The conversation was unnerving at the least and made Taehyung feel nauseous. To make it worse, he had to leave the house the next day. He and Jimin had a day planned to celebrate a job the elder had landed. They invited Jin, too, but he was already busy.

It sucked to not feel safe in his own home. Most people come home to a welcoming and comfortable environment; no social threats, no mannerisms, absolutely no pressure to present themself to others. That privilege was now taken from Taehyung and ripped into countless tiny pieces. Not only that, but now the stalker could text him whenever he pleased. He could no longer enjoy privacy.

He untucked his knees from his chest and laid his head against one of his many soft pillows, pulling the comforter up and over his body, cloaking himself from the cold wind of winter. No matter how warm he got, he knew he wasn't going to stop shaking any time soon. He once again considered telling someone, but decided against it. He would hate to bother his agency by filing a lawsuit, especially if they end up not even being dangerous.