Chapter 10

wowie almost 100 reads skrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt anyway uhh i havent posted in a while hhaaa oops

Everything was oddly calm. Jungkook wasn't mad at him for once, the rumors were cleared, and he wasn't causing the agency to lose any money. This calm, however, was disturbed when his stomach growled. He considered just ignoring it so he wouldn't have to go out into public, but, since he hadn't been eating much at all recently, he decided he would be better off grabbing something. If he kept it up, he'd be too thin for any shoots.

Pulling on another pair of gray sweatpants and a hoodie, he shoved his phone into his pocket and stepped outside. Of course there was always the option to ask Jungkook to provide a ride, but since the place he wanted to go to was so close he decided he would just walk, pulling his hood over his head to further prevent being seen.

It wasn't long before he arrived at a small sandwich shop. He and Jin would go there very frequently in the earlier days of their friendship. They stopped going after a while for seemingly no reason. In fact, they had been drifting away very quickly. He made a quick mental note to attempt to contact him once he got back home.

He stepped up to the counter and ordered, moving aside and taking a seat nearby as he waited for his order to be called. He pulled out his phone as he waited to pass the time.

"Morning," a familiar voice sounded a few feet away from Taehyung, the source of it speaking to the worker behind the counter with a bright smile.

Taehyung's eyes widened as he looked at the red-haired man, quickly looking back down and trying his best not to bring attention to himself. Seeing Hoseok was the last thing he wanted and could easily pull this calmness out from under him.

"Order 402!"

Taehyung looked at his receipt, spotting those damned numbers at the top. He tried to wait it out a bit, hoping Hoseok would move soon. Unfortunately, he was too talkative and the employee was too impatient.

"Order 402," the employee repeated, sounding fairly annoyed.

Taehyung sighed and stood up, shoving his phone quickly in his pocket before going to collect the food. He managed to grab the bag and turn around, making it a few steps before he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

"You dropped this," Hoseok said, Taehyung turning around to see his phone in the his outstretched hand. He muttered a thanks before grabbing it and turning back around, only to be stopped once again just as he thought he had made it. "Taehyung?"

He stayed quiet, his eyes staring at the floor. It was almost as if he believed ignoring him would make him go away.

"Where have you been?" He sounded both frustrated and relieved. "Ever since you broke things off you haven't even spoke to me."

"Sorry," he muttered.

"Could you at least look at me?"

Taehyung slowly looked up, cringing when he saw the reaction on his face.

"Holy shit," Hoseok gasped. He brought a hand up and gently brushed over the bruises on his face, pulling away when Taehyung winced. "What happened to you?"

Not saying a word, Taehyung looked back down, fiddling with the keys in the pocket of his hoodie.

"Did you get mugged?"

He shook his head.

"Was it somebody you know?"

His silence let on a lot more than he intended it to. "I really need to go," he tried to step away but Hoseok grabbed his wrist, not seeming to notice when he winced.