THE BOY IN THE ICEBERG

The scene opens up on a boy and girl in a fishing boat. The boy has a speared poised above his head as if he is going to catch a fish.

        "Watch and learn Katara," he says," this is how you catch a fish"

        The girl, now known as Katara, looks at him unimpressed. Then she peers over the side of the boat, spotting a fish. She gets an uncertain look in her eye and seems nervous, as she takes off her glove, and starts to wave her hand back and forth. 

          Soon enough, a bubble of water, with the fish in it, rose above the ocean. "Sokka look!" she shouted excitedly.

          "Shhhh, Katara you're going to scare it away. Mmmm, I can already smell it cooking," Sokka mumbled almost in a trance.

          "But Sokka I caught one!" She lifted the water bubble into the boat, right as Sokka lifted his spear and popped it, sending the fish flying back into the water.

         "Oh!" Sokka said in shock from the cold water. Then he turned around to face Katara, "Why is it, every time you play with magic water, I get soaked," he complained. 

          "It's not magic it's waterbending, and it's-" she was cut off.

        "Yeah, yeah, an ancient art unique to our culture, blah, blah, blah," Sokka started while Katara crossed her arms. "I'm just saying," he continued while wringing out his hair, "that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself."

         "Your calling me weird?" Katara defended, "I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water," she finished with a smirk.

         Sokka looked back unimpressed, until a jerk of the canoe forced him to look forward. They were headed straight into some rapids. Sokka instantly grabbed a paddle to steer them out of there. Ice was crashing together all around them.

         Suddenly, an iceberg appeared straight ahead. "Look out!" Katara yelled at Sokka. "Go left!Go left!" Sokka didn't listen and went right instead. 

        The canoe got stuck in between two icebergs and was smashed throwing Sokka and Katara out of it and onto the ice.

        Katara looked over at Sokka clearly annoyed, "You call that left?"

        Sokka replied with a cocky, "You don't like my steering? Well, maybe you should of waterbended us out of the ice."

       "So it's my fault," Katara said while standing up.

      "I knew I should of left you home," Sokka said while putting his face in his arms. "Leave it to a girl to screw things up."

      This was the last straw for Katara. " YOU ARE THE  MOST SEXIST, INMATURE, NUT BRAINED," she started by throwing her hands back with every word . "I'M EMBARASSED TO BE RELATED TO YOU! EVER SINCE MOM DIED, I'VE BEEN DOING ALL THE WORK AROUND CAMP WHILE YOU'VE BEEN OFF PLAYING SOLDIER!"

     "Uh, Katara," Sokka started with a scared look on his face, for Katara was cracking a huge iceberg behind them with each wave of her arms.

     Katara continued not even close to being done with her rant, "I EVEN WASH ALL THE CLOTHES! HAVE YOU EVER SMELT YOUR DIRTY SOCKS? WELL LET ME TELL YOU, NOT PLEASANT!"

      "Settle down," Sokka said even more frightened than before.

      "NO," She said still oblivious, "THAT'S IT, I'M DONE HELPING YOU! FROM NOW ON YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!" She yelled with a final wave of her arms. The ice behind her finally cracked as she turned around and gasped. The water pushed back the ice they were standing on.