Chapter 1

The sun shined down on me as I made my way up the stair case. I was so excited to be back in Death City and to see Black Star again even if I saw him during the summer when I was in Japan. I spent five years in Japan then five years here in America then my parents divorced. My mom brought me to travel with her, we went back to Japan, then China, Hawaii, parts of Europe and even Canada, now that was fun. I'm sixteen now and a tenth grader at Shibusen Academy.

I looked up at the big school, my god are there a lot of stairs in there too? I hope not... how many floors does this school have anyway? I can't really tell. I sighed and looked around, Black Star said he will wait for me, I wonder where he is? Then in a matter of seconds I hear a big BOOM, my head snaps upward to see a boy with spiky blue hair and a girl around my age calling out for him to get down.

I walked up to the young girl, she had black hair that was tied up in a high pony tail that went all the way down her back. She wore a tan dress with tan boots; I can feel jealousy rising up in me seeing her body. Me, I'm just a B-cup but her I guess no. I tapped her on the shoulder and ask her what she was doing. She turned away from the idiot and looked at me with a surprised look.

"Are you Maka?" She asked, I smiled big.

"Yup, I can see you're trying to get Black Star down."

"Yeah, he says he doesn't want to come down until he sees you."

I looked up at Black Star, he must of not been up there when I was climbing the stairs.

"My name is Tsubaki by the way" Said the Japanese looking girl as she extended her hand to me. I gladly accepted it.

"My name is Maka Albarn." She gave me a soft smile which made me smile too.

"YYYYAAAAAHHHOOOOOO, TSUBAKI, I THINK I SEE MAKA! SHE'S RIGHT THER- oh wait she's right next to you."

Black star looked at me then back to the street then at me, with a shrug he jumped off one of the spikes that was connected to the building. My jaw dropped, is he asking to be killed! He landed on the ground so hard it echoed. Right when I was about to say if he was okay, I was tackled to the ground by Black Star.

"MAKA YOU HAVE CAME AT LAST! I BET YOU MISSED YOUR GOD AM I RIGHT?! BUT DON'T YOU FEEL SCARED ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL HERE, THE GREAT ME WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YO-"

I blinked twice, what just happen? I looked up from the unconscious Black Star to see a girl with long dirty blond hair that went to her waist. She gave me a smile and put down the object she uses to knock out Black Star.

"So, I'm guessing your Maka, am I right?" said the blond.

"Yeah, that's me." I said with a smile, Tsubaki smiled as she helped me up from the ground.

"HEHEHE LIZ, LOOK AT THE SLEEPING MONKEY, CAN WE KEEP HIM?" I sweat dropped, is she for real? I looked at the girl who looked a lot like Liz, which I believe is her name. I guess they're sisters. "Patty, why on earth would you want Black Star as a pet?" said Liz.

"Um" I started out. Liz looked at me.

"OH, I'm sorry my name is Liz and that's Patty."

Yeah I kind got that already but I smiled and nodded. Watching Liz looking me up and down was starting to make me feel insecure.

"Why on earth would you wear that?" asked Liz, pointing to my outfit with a face.

Excuse me? Is she really insulting my clothing? I look at my outfit. I wore a school uniform; plaid red skirt, white shirt, green tie with stripes also a sweater vest.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I said a little annoyed.

"EVERYTHING" said Liz.

I sighed, but before I knew what was happening, my tie came off with the sweater vest.