Chapter 10: Mountain Glenn

((2 more chapters after this. Also, I got some volume theme song. Just need an overall theme song. Let's do this!!))

My POV

I was actually sleeping when I entered into another dream. Instead of the one I had involving Blake, this one felt like some type of memory: of My mom & a guy. He looks like a Faunus, a Bengal tiger, as well as a little girl who is also a tiger faunus. When I look at the baby in my mom's arms, it's me. The memory fade away as I woke slowly from the dream. I look at the fire & think; will I ever see my family together? I really want to know. I sighed out of sadness.

Yang: Blake? Are you awake?

Blake: Yeah.

Yang: Why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like... what was he trying to say?

Blake: Maybe he was just curious.

Yang: Ya think?

Blake: No.

I heard Yang sighed.

Yang: Khiry? Weiss? Are you two awake?

Me: I am now.

Yang: Weiss?

Weiss: Of course I'm awake! You guys are talking. & I think he... When Unsaid I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But... It's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a... moral grey area.

Blake: That's putting it lightly.

Weiss: Which is why I feel the need to make things right! If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was both the start of our name, & I refuse to let him be the end of it.

Blake: All my life, I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner...named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be...not perfect for everyone. I joined the academy because I knew Huntsmen & Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the Academy... What will I..? How can I undo so many years of hate?

Yang: I'm sure you'll figure it out.. You're not one to back down from a challenge, Blake.

Blake: But I am! I do it all the time! When you learned I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran. When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my...! Semblance. I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow copy of myself. An empty copy that takes the hit while I run away.

I felt sadden by Blake's story. I wished that I can help her by comforting her. I was about to tear up, but I stop.

Yang: At least you two have something that drives you. I've just kinda always gone with the flow, you know? & that's fine, I mean, that's who I am. But how long can I really do that for? I wanna be a Huntress... not really because I wanna be a hero, but because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring. & that will be good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that.

Me: Hmm, you can say I can relate to what you girls have said. I have the white fang hating & tried to hunt me down, I have ran before, & I have been through many adventures. I have lied so many times, always hiding the truth. I hid the old jobs from you girls, the fact that I'm a faunus, & depict my situation. I told myself, "Enough is enough. I may not like the truth, but sooner or later, they will know. It's up to them on how they reacted." I kinda found out the hard way. That's why I'm like you, Weiss.