"Run!"

Annabeth's POV

"What do we do now?" Piper hissed at me, her eyes showing nervousness for the first time since we had entered the Mountain.

In truth, I had no idea what to do next – though I would never say that aloud. Percy, the traitor, had led us through the maze of corridors into the Doma... and our ability to retrace those exact steps safely was doubtable. It pained me to admit but we needed him.

"Finding a way back to the Argo II would probably make the most sense, right?" Frank – who had woken up only a few minutes prior – shrugged. He was sat on the ground after trying to stand up and almost immediately falling over again, the injuries from the rock I had thrown weakening his legs temporarily. We had given him some ambrosia, but it was faster for him to heal to a point of being able to walk if he was sat down.

Nico, however, still needed to wake up. He hadn't sustained any proper injuries except the blow to the head, as far as we could tell, so he would be fine to walk as soon as he regained consciousness. And perhaps, we could then use him to navigate through the tunnels and get us out... assuming he could use that ability like Hazel could.

Looking around, the Doma was nearly empty, having been quickly vacated after we had succeeded in the Trials. The silence was slightly unnerving compared to the jeering and howling earlier, but gave us enough warning to prepare our defence stances when we heard the crash.

Barely a second later, Percy Jackson himself came charging towards us, a small hoard of monsters tailing him. The crooked smirk on his face – so similar to the smirk he had worn whilst we were running from Kronos in the Labyrinth – made my stomach twist. Snapping us out our dazes, he shouted, "Run!"

I didn't need to think twice.

I hoisted Nico over Frank's back as he transformed into a horse, falling into step with Piper's strides. Despite our efforts, Percy speed was inhuman, overtaking us within seconds but staying within sight as a guide. Out through the same doors that had brought us to such a situation, left, left, straight down and right. I didn't dare to look back, every part of concentration going into keeping myself from tripping over. My lungs heaved and my muscles ached, but still we ran.

Slowly but surely, the limited light in the caving system grew brighter and the footsteps of our chasers grew dimmer. Stone gave into daylight and we burst out of the mountain, sunlight illuminating the new threat we faced.

A/N:
*dodges barrage of heavy ammunition* Hi...?
I'm a horrible person, I know, but the Christmas season has been REALLY busy for me. I've been getting home at any time between 9:00-10:00pm every night this past week alone due to the amount of school work and extra curricular activities I'm taking part in. So I am trying to update when I can, I promise you all that, but if you wrote 'new chapters' on your wish list this Christmas, I'm afraid I may disappoint.
Also, this isn't aimed at any of you but I don't know how to get in contact with this person any other way: Dragongirl216 , check your instagram account for the Gods' sake. I PMed you ages ago.
See you on the flip side,
  – Multi-Gamer10