Chapter 4

Eleanor's P.O.V.

"This was fast," I say as Adam brought Ms.Conner out him.

"Let's get her on," Adam said as he walked her to her helicopter.

"We're in Connor's bird. We're sending it now." Adam said, mostly to Patricia Campbell.

"All right, Mortem One is outbound," Adam said as I stood between Amir and Jaz for a lookout.

"Let's finish sterilizing the station so we can get the hell out of here," Adam said as he walks into the building,

"I don't like this place, it looks spooky," I say as I keep lockout before I heard gunshots.

"What is that?" Amir asked before we all look up into the sky.

"Dalton, Mortem One is down! I repeat Mortem One is down! Looks like half a click to your south-southeast." Noah screamed threw the radio.

"We're going to be here a while." McG joked.

"Dalton, get me a visual on the crash." Patricia Campbell said as Adam and McG leave the building and we all huddle up where Jaz is standing.

"Yeah, we got eyes on. Sounded like a 50 cal brought them down." Dalton said to Patricia.

"This is insane. First, they hit the station, now they take down one of our birds. Even if their unmarked, that's practically an act of war." Hannah Rivera said.

"What the hell is going on here?" Noah asked.

"I feel like their looking for someone, not something,"  I spoke as I get a look from Jaz and Mcg.

"The Russians are doing whatever they can to get their hands on Cassie Conner. That's what's going on, the question is why?" Patricia Conner before she turned her radio off and Adam went inside with Jaz.

"All right Mortem 2, stay away from that LZ, and out of range of those 50 calls," Adam said as Mcg, Amir, and I also went inside.

"Ay, everybody change out, stash clear. We are going to head to the crash site on foot." Adam said as we all follow him.

"Yay, I get to show off my favorite outfit," I say excited as I take all my equipment off to show my favorite hoodie, the one Amir gave me.

I only had a gun in my right pocket.

"Let's go." Adam said before we all exited the building and started to walk to the site of the crash.

Once we arrived to the site of crash, there are workings looking around in the helicopter.

Adam, Jaz and Amir said their making words to get the workers to walk away. Sadly I can't understand what they say because I'm only good in Enligsh, Spanish, and German.

"Jaz, Amir you're looking outs," Adam said before Jaz stood on one side of the helicopter and Amir stood in the other.

I went inside the helicopter to see if there were any remains or clue of where Cassie Conner is while McG checks the pilot and co-pilot.

"All right, we got two pilots still in their seats. We got negative contact, repeat negative contact on Officer Conners." Adam mentioned to Patricia Campell.

"No, remain of blood or fingerprints." I also mention before getting out of the helicopter.

"Top, pilot's condition is not great. Co-pilot is not much better, We've got to get them out of here, or they're going to die." McG said.

"All right, get them out of here," Adam said to McG.

"Ellie, help," McG said but I'm not strong enough to do that.

"Amir, help out McG. I'll take lookout." I say before getting in Amr's spot.

"Preach, green light. Rig this thing." Adam said to Preach as I just look out for something that could be a treat.

After McG and Amir got the pilot and co-pilot to safety, we all started to make our way out of the site.

"Connor lost enough today, let's make sure she doesn't lose her life," Adam said as I walked right next to him before Preach pressed the button and make the helicopter explode.

~~~

I'm currently resting in a seat while everybody else is looking out. Yes, I do my work and all but I get tired a lot and easily because I have anemia so I have to sit down from now and then and then some medicine. McG is looking out the window while Amir is outside. 

"Yeah, I definitely can't see faces but it's definitely two faces," Amir says threw the intercom.

"Yeah, well, that's okay. Judging by the move, it looks like Connor is still in the wind." Adam said as he was also outside but with Jaz outside.

"You guys are talking too much, I need to sleep," I say as I'm resting my head on the wall.

"Turn you're radio off, you're so stupid." McG said as I nod before doing what he tells me.'

"Maybe there's forty against us six. We're gonna need a break." I herd Preach said since we are in the same room.

"Maybe not. Before I put Connor on the bird, I attached a medical RFID bracelet to her wrist. If we can get to 500 yards, Preach should be able to track it." McG says.

~~

"Someone wake up Ellie." I heard Adam say.

I heard footsteps get closer to me and slowly poke me in my shoulder.

"Ughh," I said as I slowly open my eyes to see McG.

"Morning sleepy head." He joked as I just rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Adam?" I asked knowing he has more news.

"From here on out, it's Moscow's rules. Safety off, fingers on triggers. We're going to make a play on the target, indicated by the RFID." Adam said as I got up from my seat and the others got up from the floor.

"Top, it's obviously a trap," Amir said. 

"No one asked for your opinion," Jaz said being rude to Amir, what's going on?

"Well, maybe you should," Amir said.

I'm definitely going to ask later what happened.

"You're probably right. Odds are, it is a trap. See the things about traps is the people who set them tend to get tunnel vision. They fixate on their prey." Adam said getting closer and closer to Amir.

Maybe today is just the day for everyone to take it out on Amir.

 "Imagine turning out everything as they orchastrated. And they don't stop to think for one second.... maybe their the prey themselves." Adam said.