Chapter 5

Ellie's P.O.V.

"This is crap. We should be out there looking for her but instead where doing what exactly?" Jaz said as now we're in an abandoned warehouse.

"Being smart." Preach said as I eat some potato chips that Amir got me.

"We're doing nothing," Jaz said as I looked at her confused.

"You're doing nothing, I'm eating," I said as I eat some potato chips Amir got me.

"Yeah, maybe sometimes doing nothing is doing something." Preach said following my comment.

"Really, Preach?" McG said. 

"Yeah, really, McG. Like when you're waiting, that more will be revealed." Preach said as he checked his watch.

Preach, McG, Amir, Jaz, and I are all in a circle while Adam is sitting in the other corner of the building floor. McG and Jaz are standing up while Preach is sitting down and I'm leaving on this metal thing with Amir.

"By who?God?" McG said as I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe God should help you, I mean you really need it. He definitely didn't spend enough time with you." I say to McG before he gives me the middle finger.

"That's no way to respect a lady," Amir said to McG, always protecting me.

"And who are you? Her shining armor?" McG said definitely pissed.

"There's a woman out there fighting and dying," Jaz said as we changed the subject once more.

"And us getting killed won't help her," Amir said.

Apparently, we all took sides. It's Jaz and McG in the one where we should do something and the other side is Preach Amir and me in the one where we should wait.

"Wow. You're such a team player." Jaz said to Amir.

"Don't talk to him like that or you to her. Jaz, we are really close friends but there is no need to take out your anger on my umm guy friend and Amir you also don't need to take your anger out on her. I mean aren't guys supposed to respect a lady?" I say to Amir and Jaz and McG chuckles.

"Damn Amir, you're girlfriend over here just backstabbed you and ditch you for her friend. Guess you're not that important anymore." McG said as I wanted to punch him.

"Hey," Adam said as he came into the circle trying to break the ice.

"That's enough. You guys want to vent? That's one thing, but going after each other especially when we're in the field, that's a non-starter." Adam said seriously to us.

"Now, if you would let Preach finish his sentence. You would've heard him say we're waiting for our team back in D.C." Adam mention as now I was eating my potato chips looking and listen to them speak like a telenovela.

"Unless of course, you guys think you're too high speed, you can do everything on your own. Right, now any  move we make could put us further from Conner." Adam continued. 

"Any move could get us captured or worse. Now, you heard Noah. He knows her. DIA says she's going to reach out; it's our job to be ready when she does. At that point, we will wait." Adam said still giving the long ass speech.

"That is being a team player." Adam still continued but this time he looked at Jaz.

"Well... I'm out of chips." I said as I looked at my bag.

"You still own me, McG," I said to him as I give him a death glare.

~~

"Women's bathhouse," I say as Jaz leave the car and I lean my head on Amir's shoulder.