[ 21 ] Mean Girls Incarnate

"And action!" I yelled, snapping the clapper board

"And action!" I yelled, snapping the clapper board. To be honest, it was probably my most favourite part of the day. I gave a heads up to Keith who began pouring the snow over River and Clara, who's hands were laced together. I surveyed her as she closed her eyes as River nestled up into the crook of her neck. When I realised that I was holding the chair so tight that it was probably going to snap, I let go quickly. One look at the not so happy expression on my mums face tells me that I was probably a splitting image if her a mere second ago. I have to remind myself that this isn't real.

Now focus on the damn storyboard Mckayla.

I shook my head. What the hell was I just thinking about? Get a grip of yourself. God, I was turning into a hopeless romantic like my mum. Ugh. On that note, my mum stood up and walked away from the set, with a smile of her face.

I'd given up on working out what was going on in her mind and carry on shooting.

The rest of the day breezes past, only with the pressure of my whole family sitting on set. They hadn't been lying when they said that they'd see me in the morning.

In the evening, I was sitting watching the almost complete video again and again. We only had one scene left and I was pretty surprised how we managed to pull it off with so little time. Mum had decided to make pastries for everyone which was why she left the set earlier. Thankfully, it hadn't ended badly and everyone on the crew were showering her and me in compliments for how nice they were.

It did feel a bit random for her to have sabotaged the kitchen on set to make some pastries but it wasn't like we were completely normal.

Turning around, I saw Joel blinking back at me from behind his glasses. "Hey, um... I saved you some food."

I smiled warmly at him, taking one of the pastries that he outstretched towards me. "That's nice of you, you didn't need to."

After a moment of awkward silence, I tried to look away. You didn't need a genius to realise that that was supppsed to mark the end of the conversation.

Now I was left devouring the pastry like a fricking ogre whilst Joel watched me. "Mckayla?"

"Mhm?" I said, my mouth currently stuffed with food.

He scratched the back of his neck, "Umm... I was wondering if you wanted to-"

"Joel! Have you tried one of these?" River called walking towards me, holding up an odd looking pastry. Joel looks shocked as to why River was talking to him but nodded. "Have another one, you know they're amazing!" He said before shoving it into Joel's mouth, and leading me away from him.

I shot him an odd look, "What the hell was that?"
"Your mums pastries are delicious!"
"River."

"Oh my god, Clara! Are you- are you pregnant?" I heard Harley scream in an ultra loud voice, higher pitched than usual.