Chapter 1 (Sacrifice Chloe Ending)

I haven't left my room in days. My parents texted me every morning, yet I haven't read anything they've sent me. Not even their postcards that keep piling up on my desk. After Chloe's funeral I haven't found it in myself to even move. I can't even think of her without shedding a tear. I know saving Arcadia Bay was the "better" choice, but only if I could save everyone. I haven't used my power since then. I don't want to cause another fucking storm, knowing this could happen all over again. I can't save everyone all the time, learning from Chloe, I'm just going to have to let nature take its course. I don't want to be involved with anyone or anything. Sometimes I even regret saving Arcadia, but I know Chloe would rather save her mom than herself.

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in..." I sounded hoarse. I threw my hood over my head and Warren walked in. I don't have the heart to even talk to him yet. "Hey, Warren, I..."

"I know, but you should." He sounded frustrated yet calm. I know he cares, but I can't talk to him right now, especially about my power, since it caused all this shit. I know I've told him once before, but that was before I went back in time to save Arcadia Bay.

"I...I can't. Yet..." I don't know if he heard me. I said it more to myself than I did outloud.

"You don't have to. But, Max, it might help."

"I just don't know what to say, or even do. How do I live with this?" I didn't want him to see me cry, but I couldn't help myself. The tears dripped from my eyes like waterfalls. "My best friend is dead! How am I supposed to live with myself knowing that I could've done something? Anything!?"

"Max, what could you have done?"

"I..." I paused, "...I don't know..." All I knew was that using my rewind wouldn't have stopped that tornado. "...just something." Instead, I sat there, feeling sorry for Chloe and myself. What did Chloe do when Rachel went missing?

Warren sat next to me on my bed and wrapped his arms around me. I pulled my head to his chest, getting tears on his shirt. "Everything will be okay." He whispered in my ear, "It has to be. You are the bravest person I've ever known. Don't ever stop being brave, Max Caulfield." Not that what he said didn't make me feel better, which it did, even if it did sound a little corny, I just wasn't in the mood.

He pulled off my hood and ran his fingers through my short, brown, hair, which desperately needed brushing, yet he didn't seem to mind. He never did. "I'm glad you're still here with me."

"It's nice to hear that from you. Do you think you'll be coming back to school tomorrow? Or is it still too soon?" He paused, "Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have asked."

"It's okay, but, I don't know, Warren." I really should go back. It's almost been a week since Chloe's funeral and I don't think sitting here is going to help me get better, but maybe being with Warren, Kate, and everyone else will make me feel better. "Maybe I will go back."

"Good," he spoke with slight joy, "I want you to stop sheltering yourself." I smiled at him. I really needed to talk to him today, I guess. He makes me feel so much better on days like this. Why didn't I let him in sooner? Now I feel terrible. Well, more terrible than before. He let me out of his grasp and lifted himself off of the bed. "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah." I looked down at my knees, wiping my teary eyes. I'm sure lots of people have it worse than me, but personally, it feels like I've been to hell and back.

+++

That night I decided to take a quick shower. I needed one badly anyways. I walked through the silent hallway in the dormitory. I better go quick and, hopefully, not bitch about life because it's almost curfew and I didn't want to get in trouble for not being in my dorm because of showering, which has sadly already happened before. I walk into the bathroom and instantly felt the cold tile on my bare feet. I walked into one of the showers and closed the curtain. I could hear Juliet and Dana walking in so they could brush their teeth. I usually don't mind showering in cold water, so I didn't bother them. I took off my t-shirt and sweatpants and started the water which made Dana and Juliet jump.

Life is Strange - One Last Time (Pricefield)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara