Chapter 10

I stared at my own body that was lying still on the bed. White. The room was all white. The walls. The sheets on the bed. The floor. The curtains. Everything. It was calming. I looked at my body again. I was still in somewhat stable condition, but I overheard the doctors saying that I lost a lot of blood. I still have a fighting chance, but they said it was slim. I didn't exactly hear where the bullet hit me, and I don't remember either. The doctors and nurses left before I could listen to the conversation about it.

The door opened. I saw a balloon and a bouquet of flowers out of the corner of my eye. It was Kate and Warren.

"They said you could tie the balloon to the bed." said Kate, "I can do it for you if you'd like, Warren."

"No," He sighed, "I got it." Warren walked to the edge of the bed, and tied the string of the balloon the the handle on the foot of the bed.

Kate walked over to the table across the room, looking at the large collection of blue tulips almost filling the tulips. "Awh, seems like Chloe's been here" Kate smiled, "Warren look at all of these flowers!"

"I gave one like that to Nathan the other day." Nathan?

"Don't worry, Warren. He gets released in a few months, you'll see him again." Kate rubbed his shoulder.

"I know he didn't mean to hurt you, Max," he turned to me, or rather my body, "I wish I could tell you what is going on between us. Soon. I promise."

Kate set her vase of yellow flowers on the table and led Warren out of the room.

I heard fast footsteps running down the hall. The door opened, and I saw Chloe. She came up to the bed, sitting at its edge.

"Hey, spider Max," Chloe spoke through her tears "See I-I told you I'd be back." She held up a pink flower, looking at it's delicate petals, "They uh, they finally had a pink one. I know it's your favorite color." I smiled at her, but stopped knowing she can only see my lifeless body, and not me.

She took one of my hands and folded my fingers around the flowers stem. "I miss you, Max." Chloe began to sob, holding my free hand. "I wish I would've gotten the chance to see you when you came back to Arcadia Bay. I wish that all of the bullshit you wrote about in your journal wasn't real. It doesn't seem worth it." She sighed and pulled out my journal from the bag she brought in with her. "I haven't finished reading it yet, but I'm at the part where I dared you to kiss me. Reading this is like talking to you. I wish I could kiss you, Max."

She leaned in closer to my body, kissing my forehead. My heart rate rose slowly. "I hope that works until you wake up." My heart rate went up alarmingly quick. I panicked. How do I stop it? Am I dying?

A group of doctors and nurses came in, trying to get Chloe to leave the room. "No!" She screamed, "I can't leave her, please! Let me stay!" She tried to loosen herself from the group of nurses, but was unsuccessful. "Max! I love you! Please stay!" The door closed.

+++

It was night now. Chloe sat in the chair across from my bed. She brought a guitar, but was told to stay quiet until further notice. At least that's what I heard the nurse say. I wasn't doing well. There was instances where I thought I was about to die. Out of pure luck, I was still, sort of, here.

It was quiet. I was giving up. I didn't see a point in keeping this going anymore. I saved Chloe and got rid of my power without causing any other repercussions. I saved Chloe. That's all that matters to me.

I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw a bright, white light. I began to walk towards it, ignoring the silent sound of Chloe strumming the guitar. As I got closer I was able to see a figure sitting at a slight distance, though I couldn't make out who it was. Before I was able to walk any farther, I heard Chloe's voice, but she wasn't talking. She was singing. I turned around and daw her sitting on my bed again, playing the guitar. Her voice in heavy sighs, trying to keep from crying.

I don't know where to go. Do I stay, a while longer? If I stayed would I ever wake up from this coma?

Should I leave? Giving everyone peace and closure, and putting an end to this once and for all?

Should I go and find happiness elsewhere, or try to stay a while longer with Chloe?

~Walk into the light~

or

~Stay with Chloe~

(You choose.)