Epilogue

Tommy and Lady Floor strolled down the path together the next morning, towards the forest.

 "So, you really think this going to work?" Tommy asked.

 "You broke my curse, meaning you must have broken the enchantments on the entire castle. We should both be able to leave, unless that woman's still playing tricks with me."

 "Well, I'll go first, to see if it's safe."

 Tommy reached out to where the invisible wall had been, and felt nothing. He reached out with his foot, and took a step further. Nothing happened. He took a few more little steps and pressed up against nothing.

 "I think we're free to go," he said. "You can come over. I think it's safe."

 Lady Floor stayed where she was, staring out into the forest beyond.

 "It's been so long since I went past this place," she said, "Out into the world. I don't know what it's like anymore."

 "But now you can find out," Tommy said. "We'll go to the farmhouse first. I imagine we'll give Roy and Simone quite a fright with our appearance, but they'll want to know about this. We can get married, and everyone will know that you've returned. We can live here, and bring some life into it again. Or if you want to find a new home, there was must be someone who can take care of this one." He held out his hand. "Are you coming?"

 She smiled, and took his hand, stepping over the border where the wall used to be.

~~~~~~

A/N: I have to say, of all the stories ideas I've had planned, I'm glad I chose this one to write next. I love fairytale retellings, and I've honestly enjoyed writing this one.

 Thank you for giving this a chance, everyone who has been reading and will read it in the future. I'm glad you decided to give it a chance, and hope you enjoyed it.