Jolly Parade

________________________________
Your POV:
{~One Year Later~}
________________________________

________________________________Your POV: {~One Year Later~}________________________________

The rains fell hard, yet the sky was dry and sunny without a cloud in sight. It is my tears that drown my eyes and dampen my cheeks. The flood wouldn't cease no matter how many times I wiped my face on my sleeve, being gentle around the dark shiner on my left eye. The bruise is fresh and shadowed by the white cap I wear upon my head with the brim tilted down. The mark was given to me no less than an hour ago before I raced out of the house to save myself from any more pain.

Now, I wander the streets, sad and hopeless, wishing I could just run away and end it all. That is not a home, that is a Hell, a true Hell. I wonder if walking into traffic would end my troubles, but I could never bring myself to do something so drastic. There must be a better way. A faint melody blows in with the wind, carrying from the next street over. The sound gives me pause as I listen in. It sounds similar to an organ with whistles, but that did not make much sense. A calliope perhaps, but that would also be odd? I grow curious and walk towards it.

'Is there a festival or something?' I wonder. Chasing the music, I find myself stuck in a crowd of people crowding a street where it plays the loudest. I couldn't see a damn thing, though, so I squeeze past, muttering apologies as I make my way to the front where I'm met with a metal barricade preventing anyone from getting any closer. The moment I saw what all the ruckus was about, my breath hitched as I watched with wide eyes at the colorful display of performers dancing in the street in glittering, stunning costumes that could only be extravagant enough for... Circo del Mistero.

'It's back! My god, it's back!' Again, my eyes spilled salty tears, but this time, my pain and worries had fled, leaving nothing but pure joy. My lips twitch into a smile as I gave a nearly hysteric laugh that disappeared amongst the cheers of the audience as candy was thrown into the crowd.

'Where is he? Is he here? Please, tell me he's here!' Frantically, my eyes shot around, looking at the many different faces, knowing that I cannot possibly miss the flamboyant jester I had befriended about a year ago. Just as I was about to give up, a float comes driving by carrying the main cast who show off a teaser of their amazing gifts. Up front stands a familiar figure that I had almost not recognized in his new attire, but there was no mistaking that big grin. His previously indigo locks are somewhat longer now and are colored a electric blue that is as vibrant as his personality.

His face is still caked with white paint, like last time, only now, a bright yellow star takes its place over his right eye, while a dark blue rhombus resides over the left, and to top off the look, a shiny, red ball sits on the end of his nose. As expected, his costume is just as spectacular as the rest of the cast's. There is a big, off-white, ruffled collar wrapped around his neck, a blue jester's hat covered in miniature, yellow stars that ends in golden bells. Black boots with exaggerated curls at the toes cover his feet, and a long, navy blue, velvet cape sways behind him as he juggles a multitude of glowing hoops.