Glittering Costume

_________________________________
Author's Note:
_________________________________

Welcome, welcome, one and all!

Smile for Me is back in town for its latest installment. Been quite some time, hasn't it? A few things to get out of the way before the show begins:

First of all, I'd like to thank my wonderful audience for being so patient with me during the editing process. I believe it was all worth it! If you'd like to reread and have a look at the newly freshened-up chapters, I'd greatly appreciate it, and if not, that's fine too.

I know you're all excited for the new stuff. Just, please, note that I am not done editing all my books yet, so until that's over with, the updates might be slow, but hey, the fact is, they're coming at all, so that's something to be happy about!

So, come one, come all!

~The show is about to begin~

————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•N/C: Nearby City/Town

————————————————
Author's POV:
________________________________

————————————————Author's POV:________________________________

________________________________

So many fabrics in a variety of colors graced her sight— Some sheer, some layered and some covered in glistening rhinestones and sequins. The E/C optics were drawn every which way, looking through them all, her mind spinning to just pick one. Chester laughs at his new assistant from behind, seated on a simple chair as she searched the racks with the help of the costumers. Y/N was so overwhelmed. She didn't know what to pick as her costume for the show. She would only be acting as an understudy to the jester's first assistant, but he came up with the grand idea of her helping in his side shows as well. Therefore, she needed a fresh piece to wear.

"Don't sweat it, Y/N. There's plenty of time to choose your costume. The gates won't open until later, so there's no reason to rush through it."

"I know. There's just so many, and they're all so pretty." A smug look appears on the face of an older woman with dark brown hair thrown into a bun held together by beautiful, long, hair pins of shiny gold. Her bangs ran across her forehead, and a few loose strands dangle around the sides of her face a bit messily. Earlier, she had been introduced to the newcomer as Cecilia, the creator of most of the outfits surrounding them.

"Well, didn't you find quite the charmer, Chester. At least one of your assistants know good work when they see it. I swear, if I have to make one more adjustment to Jezebel's dress, I'm going to rip that fake blonde wig right off her head." The performer chuckles softly at her threat, seeming a bit nervous under his smile.