Precious Smiles

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
Your POV:
_________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:_________________________________

_________________________________

After a long time of walking, Chester and I stood in front of a simple, white trailer. It wasn't anything big or extravagant, clearly made for one, maybe two people, to live in and is surrounded by a few others similar to it, all residing just behind the circus, hidden by all the tents and rides. The noise is minimal too, since the only ones walking around at this hour are the staff. It was unusual being here after hours and seeing beyond the magical setting.

"Here we are. Since I'm a part of the main cast, I got to have this place all for myself." The jester chuckles while stepping up to the door, turning to me with a smile. "Been a while since I've had a roommate. This'll be fun." I nearly mustered a smile. What held me back was the fact that he was doing all this for me. I am so surprised that he actually wants me to live with him even though I've known him for two days. To be fair, though, it feels that we've known each other longer than that for some reason.

"You sure you're okay with this?" I ask, feeling like I was imposing. He seems shocked by my inquiry.

"Of course! It was my idea to have you join in the first place, so you're my responsibility now. I'm going to make sure you settle in nicely. I want to do this, so don't feel like you're budging in because you're not," he assures before throwing an arm around my shoulders. The suddenness makes me jump a little as my heart skipped a beat. "I want to make you happy, Y/N. You deserve far better than that place you've been living, so my home is your home. Don't worry about a thing." His words warmed my heart as I looked away from him to hide my, likely blushing, cheeks.

"Thank you, Chess. You have no idea how much this means to me." I give the man a gracious smile as I turn back to him. "You're amazing, you know that?" The performer laughs and pats my shoulder before releasing me.

"Awe, you butter me up. Let's go in. I'll help you get situated." With that, he pulls out a key and unlocks the door before opening it for me. I take a breath before stepping past the threshold and taking a look around. The trailer is more or less tidy with the occasional article of clothing tossed someplace random and a pizza box sitting on the counter in the little kitchen space. Out of curiosity, I lift the lid to find a single slice of pepperoni pizza left inside. I hear an embarrassed chuckle from behind as Chess takes off his hat to scratch the back of his head.

"Sorry about the mess. I haven't gotten around to picking things up." His eyes dart over to the back of the trailer, which is separated by an embroidered curtain of red and gold, before saying, "I'm, uh... just going to change the bedsheets real quick. Make yourself at home."