☆ thirteen

bold is characters thoughts ~
_____
"hey, guk. i've been wanting to ask you something for a long time and i think now is a good time to ask."

it's been about two months after they met and the two boys just couldn't get enough of each other. they would spend time with each other everyday after taehyung got out of work; taehyung would give jungkook free ice cream toppings like cherries or peanuts after studying since jungkook couldn't have ice cream. taehyung found out that jungkook actually really loved cherries and so taehyung started associating the colour red with the bunny. every time he would see something red, his heart would sing.

and now, here he is about to ask his friend out. on a date. a date. taehyung feels his throat tighten up. what if he says no?

jungkook looks up from his homework and rests his head on his palm casually. "yes hyung?"

god, oh god. he's so beautiful. it's getting hard to breath. what's wrong with me? "um..i was wondering if you'd like to go out with me..sometime..or..it's okay if you don't want to or whatever but i just thought it would be fun to go skating or to an arcade or something. we could go to the park and sled..we could build a snowman, even. if you'd like that."

god, taehyung. where did your usual cool self disappear to?

jungkook's p.o.v. // side

oh my god. is he asking me out? jungkook's eyes widen and his mouth is agape. he's in complete disbelief. taehyung. kim taehyung. kim taehyung is asking me out? my first real crush? the boy i've wanted to ask out? is..asking..me..out? am i dreaming?

he sits there for a moment and then puts his homework aside, trying to gain enough courage to reply. "taehyung..i..i would love to."

taehyung smiles bigger than jungkook has ever seen him smile and jungkook tries not to scream.

jungkook smiles equally as big and happy, maybe even happier.

"i'm really happy!! i mean...that's cool. very cool. how about we go out next week? i can pick you up and take you home and everything. i'll even pay for everything too." taehyung chuckles and holds jungkook's hands across the table.

jungkook smiles even bigger and nods. "yea! i have break then too. we can be out all day." oh my god. let's try not to blush too much, okay jungkook?

taehyung nods and squeezes the bunny's hands. "it's a date."

"a date."

a girl next to their table quietly squeals and whispers, "i ship it." {hey look, it's me}

______
it isn't until later that day that jungkook, covered in three blankets, staring at the ceiling, remembering how warm and big and safe taehyung's hands felt intertwined with his, thinks wait, i think taehyung might like me too.

______
i love each and every one of u guys sm. talk to me on insta if you want @ day6.vevo or twitter @ brianisabeauty !! <33

also, tell me where you want them to go on date at. i can incorporate more than one idea so give me some suggestions ^^ don't be shy~~ (;

much love,

-ski ☁