| chapter eleven |

"THE MOUNTAINS?" Alexander questioned as he and his mate arrived at a mountain, one tall enough to probably reach the sky.

The mountains soared upward as if determined to kiss the heavens. Just looking at them it was easy to see why the ancient Greeks thought of the Gods on Mount Olympus, ruling from their home in the clouds. Each of them was white-peaked, but nothing like the neat line around a chocolate waffle cone.

The snow reached down from the cap in craggy white fingers, no doubt up close there were mighty cracks in the rock deep packed with ice.

Olivia smiled to herself. The brunette said that one day she'd climb them, one day she'd look down on these tall pines like they were matchsticks.

Then she'd see what God saw from heaven; she'd like that. Olivia nodded, giggling before she got out of the car.

"We better hurry up though." She said, rushing to get out equipment out of the trunk of her car.

"Why?" Alexander question, tilting his head to the side. Olivia placed a finger to her lips, giggling again as a dumbfounded look replaced Alexander's usual smirk. Olivia was about to get out her hiking boots when she was lifted into the air, placed on someone's back.

"Xander!" She squealed as she clutched onto his shirt. "What are you doing?" The silence was all that she received as she looked at Alexander that stared at her with confusion.

"What did you call me?" It was then that Olivia realised her mistake. She had called him by a name that not many people did and sorry filled her.

"I called you Xander." She answered before she began rambling, embarrassed. "I mean, I don't have too. I-it just kind of slipped out a-and I k-know not many people call you that but I-I was hoping t-that you wouldn't m-mind but if it's g-going to upset you, I'll stop and I-I'll -"

"No!" He exclaimed, almost yelling before clearing his throat and repeating the word. "No. I like the name, Xander." Alexander grinned, and Olivia felt her face heat up as her heart began to speed up.

"I'm glad." She mumbled, her eyes shining with happiness. Alexander felt as if his heart began to beat again, her smile alone sending him to euphoria.

"Me too." The brown haired vampire smiled, whispering under his breath. "Little Dove," Alexander called as Olivia wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, her breasts pressing against Alexander's back, sending him into euphoria.

He strained himself, gritting his teeth as he held back the urge to push her up against a tree and take her right here, rough and hard. He'd do that if it wasn't for the fact that they just met and Olivia doesn't even know they're mates, or what vampires are.

However, Alexander was going to change that.

"Hmm." She hummed as she nuzzled her nose into the crook of his neck, inhaling his wonderful smell that seemed to be Pine trees mixed with coconut.

"You wanna see something cool?" At the mention of something cool, Olivia nodded her head as a charming smile graced her lips.

"Yes."

"Okay, just don't freak out and hold on tight." Listening to his instructions, the brunette tightened her grip on him, and before she knew it, the two were sprinting through the air at top speed, her hair whipping backwards as Olivia placed her head in his neck, not wanting her head to come off as the wind felt like knives sweeping at her.

The soon reached the top of the mountain, Alexander soon coming to a stop as he slowed down and went to human speed.

"How was that?" He asked as he placed down Olivia, her feet pressing against the rocky ground. The brunette let out a sigh of happiness as she nodded her head, squealing slightly.

"That was so cool!" She exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around Alexander's neck, pulling him down to her level as they stared into each other's eyes, both brown and both swirling with joy.

"Are you not freaked out?" He asked, hesitantly as he watched with raised eyebrows as his beautiful and innocent mate shook her head, a gleeful smile playing on her lips.

"I think it's cool that you're a vampire, Especially a vegetarian."