| chapter twelve|

ALEXANDER CULLEN STARED AT HIS BEAUTIFUL AND INNOCENT MATE with a shock ridden face. His jaw fell open as Olivia stood in front of him with a big grin.

"You didn't think I was that stupid?" Olivia giggled at his reaction before grabbing his hand and sitting on the edge of the mountain, leaning her head against his shoulder, finding comfort in his presence.

"What are we doing?" Alexander asked, glancing down at his mate, who seemed to stare into the sky.

"Waiting." She replied, vaguely. Giving one-word answers always made the vampire suspicious of the person he was talking to but for some reason, he didn't feel that feeling with his beloved mate, someone who was his opposite in personality.

While Alexander loved causing trouble and being social, Olivia preferred to stay indoors and read a book, wrapping herself in a warm woollen blanket that her mum knits for her every Christmas.

He was reckless; she was calm.
He was rebellious; she was a goody-two-shoes.
He was mean to those who weren't family; she was kind to everyone.
He was dominant, and she was submissive.

They were opposites in so many ways yet so similar.

For just like Alexander, Olivia was also possessive, she was too adventurous, and she quickly got jealous. Because deep in his heart, he was kind and deep in her heart, she was terrible. But together, they were stronger than even the mightiest mountains.

"What are we waiting for?"

"This."

Olivia learnt against Alexander as she sat, watching the line where heaven touched the earth. Her wide eyes witnessed the resounding glowing collision. Sparks lit the sky and blood poured, as the glory of paradise descended further behind the seam of the world.

Olivia felt small as she glanced over her shoulder and saw her shadow slowly shrinking towards her back. She looked back to the line; only a few bright streaks remained to signal heaven's passing.

The sun had set, just like their mate bond.