Coils of a Serpent Part 3

Chapter 3: Coils of a Serpent Part 3

THE COUNTERFEIT SPIRIT

At the beginning of what may be described as the greatest summer festival ends with despair as Inspector Thomas warns the general public of the circulation of counterfeit notes which were reported. He said in an interview "We had been preemptive in warning the public of this, I want the general public to step up their alertness become more familiar with the EC Currency. Get to know what a legal tender looks and feel like as opposed to a counterfeit." The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) advisory alerted the general public to the trend that occurs particularly during the carnival season and other times of heightened festivities within the region. The ECCB reminded the public that counterfeit notes do not have any value and it is a criminal offense to try to pass them, The Daily Observer.

Pythons can strike with incredible velocity and kill its prey by asphyxiation (the state or process being deprived of oxygen which can result in unconsciousness or death; suffocation). The Spirit of Python has the same characteristic of a python snake, it is a 'coiling spirit that works to squeeze out the breathe of life (the Holy Spirit) and cut off your life line to God (prayer), Charisma magazine'. The Spirit of Python is a counterfeit spirit. This Spirit works strategically to infiltrate the Church of the Living God- to impersonate the Holy Spirit and counterfeit His works. Counterfeit is derive from the Latin word 'contra' which means 'in opposition' and 'facere' which means 'to make'. It is define as to make in exact imitation of something valuable with the intention to deceive or defraud. 'A thing that is counterfeit always is made to look as close as possible to their genuine articles,' says Don Stewart.

1 John 4:1 warns 'Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.' We are warned throughout the word of God about the counterfeit spirit. It is easy to be ensnared in Satan's deceptive web of lies. He has drawn many away from biblical based doctrines. He is a meticulous foe who works in the heart and mind of many people in the world. It is important to try every spirits whether they are sent of God. If we closely examine Acts 16: 6-18, The spirit of the damsel woman is an agent of Satan (Lucifer). He's assign agenda has mislead people of Macedonia with false pagan practices of divination.

The main emphasis of Paul's ministry was to lead men to salvation only to be found in Jesus Christ. Henceforth, the spirit of Python seductively tried to counterfeit the message by announcing 'these men are the servants of the Most High God, which shew unto us the way of salvation' by preaching a counterfeit doctrine. The spirit of the damsel woman, also misused the message by leaving out the most important part, Jesus Christ- the Anointed Messiah.

Jessie Penn-Lewis states, 'Large numbers of the children of God are becoming prey to the Enemy due to their lack of knowledge.' As much as being said, for all the knowledge of this present world cannot be compared to the fundamental teachings of the word of God. Jesus told us, that man cannot live by bread alone but every word that process from the mouth of God. John 5: 39 says, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

'To be filled with the Holy Spirit' is a popular phrase in Christianity which many doesn't understand its true meaning or corruptly take it out of context. The Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit testifies of the Father and the Son or He comes on behalf of the Father and Son; He comes as the Spirit of Truth. Nevertheless, He doesn't emphasis His ministry unless in the context of scriptures and the emphasis of Jesus Christ. So to be filled with the Holy Spirit is to be filled with Truth. Was the damsel woman filled with the Spirit of God or filled with a demonic spirit?

***