37. Settled

"I really don't remember us having so much stuff" I sigh as I look around at the boxes scattered around the spacious living room. With the threat of Matt hanging back for the time being we decided to go ahead with our move. Every space we had been in before was tainted with bad memories and now we were beyond ready to move on.

"Well the good news is that we don't have to unpack it all today" he reminds me as he pulls me down onto the couch beside him. Emma was still at my parent's house so that she wouldn't get trampled in the hustle and bustle of everything and we weren't scheduled to pick her up for another hour. "In fact we could just sit right here and make out for an hour" he smirks as his lips land on mine.

I smile against his lips, giggling. "We really should unpack a little bit" I argue. "If not just like. Dishes" I suggest.

"Ugh" he groans, "why? We could something so much more enjoyable. Like each other" he says bluntly.

"Joshua Matthews" I exclaim playfully as I hit his arm. "You are awful."

"Yet you stay" he reminds me. I smile as I nod my head.

"Forever" I murmur as I press my lips to his. "Speaking of" I add with a soft smile. "Since we're finally back to being in a good place and we have this little event coming up soon" I trail off.

"Whatever could you be referring?" he asks with a chuckle.

"I think we should really start planning. Like get a venue, send out invitations, book a caterer" I list. "We're already so behind because of everything we've had going on."

"Okay" he says, nodding his head as he grabs my waist and pulls me closer. "Well is there a place you have in mind?"

"I don't know" I shrug, gnawing my bottom lip causing a laugh to fall from his lips.

"I know you better than that Maya" he argues as he rubs circles against my hips. "Just tell me. This is going to be our day. That includes yours" he reminds me.

"Fine" I smile, "what about the roof" I suggest making him quirk an eyebrow at me intrigued.

"Roof? Our roof is on an angle" he points out making me giggle as I shake my head.

"No no babe" I laugh, "the loft. The roof of the loft is where my parents got married. It was small and simple and I loved everything about it. It was one of the best days of my life."

"But like you said" he pauses, "it would be small." I nod.

"Well, how many people do you wanna invite?" I ask as I lounge back on the couch, resting my legs on his lap. "I mean most of the people we'd invite are actually in the wedding" I point out. "But at the same time" I sigh, "I don't know how much we have to spend on our wedding parties."

"True" he gives as he sits up. "What about this?" he starts, "Obviously you want Riles in the wedding party, Emma has to be in the mix somehow, I would want Cory and my brother-."

"And of course Morgan would have to be in my bridal party" I interject.

"Would Farkle and Smackle be okay with us not having them in the wedding?"

"I don't think they'd be upset" I reply honestly. "They understand that we have a kid and that we just bought a house. Weddings are expensive."

"Alright" he nods, "so family in the wedding party" he says definitively.

"And friends get invites" I agree. "Max guest list set at fifty?"

"Works for me" he shrugs, "I mean we don't really have that many people in our lives. I think we need more friends" he adds making me chuckle.