Girl Next Door

Sophie's p.o.v

It was the day of the move we had arrived at our apartment in Queens and were unpacking, it was just my sister and me since we left my dad and mum. They were getting too bad we needed a new life one that if I showed up too school no one would stare at me for having bruises I could be normal, I just have to wait for these few bruises on my arm to go. We were rushing around the apartment, Amber my sister was 21 she stopped and held my hand "should we go meet our new neighbours". I nodded, we walked across the hall and knocked on the door and woman answered and said, "hi you must be the new neighbours I'm May and this is my nephew peter" we turned to see a boy sitting on the couch he got up and waved he looked about the same age as me I smiled, Amber and May talked for a while I decided to leave and finish decorating my bedroom. It was the first day of school tomorrow and I was nervous since I just moved here from San Francisco. I was snapped back into reality by my sister who walked into the door talking about how nice may and peter were I just smiled and nodded at her. We decided to order Thai and just watch old movies to help keep my mind of everything.

Peter's p.o.v

There was a knock on the door May answered it and a girl with blonde wavy hair and beautiful blue crystal eyes. I got up to go say hi to this girl she stood there and smiled while Aunt May and the other lady who I think was her sister talked after a while she said goodbye and walked across the hall into the apartment. I went back but to my room this time. I needed to think.

I got changed into my spider suit and went shot out of the building I went around the whole city when I was coming back in time for dinner I noticed the girl sitting against her window looking out thankful she didn't see me I noticed she was crying I didn't know why she seemed perfect to me. She wiped away a tear and went into the living room where her sister was with some sort of food and movie playing in the background I jumped into my room and got changed for dinner with Aunt May.

Sophie's p.o.v

I got ready for the first day at my new school. Amber drove me today since her work didn't start yet, I walked into the school and navigated my way through the place to the office where I was given a bunch of schedules and sheets, I was introduced to a girl named Michelle and she gave me a tour of the school not that I remembered anything though.

I was talking to Michelle she tapped a locker and said, 'this is yours' I started opening using one of the codes that was written down on a piece of paper I was given too by the office. I turned to Michelle to find her staring at someone I followed her gaze to see the boy from across the hall, he was standing at his locker talking to another guy it seemed intense. Michelle started walking towards them, so I followed.

Peters p.o.v

I was at my locker listening to Ned ramble on about some Star Wars Lego he was building last night. He stopped and asked me who Michelle was talking to I turned around to see the girl from next door. My face heated up again and Ned was staring at me. "do you know her?", "sort of" "well you better stop blushing cause they're coming this way" I shot my glare too him and he apologised.

They walked over, and I was staring at the girl she was staring at the Lego Ned was holding. "this is Sophie" she smiled warmly at Ned and me. I looked up and said, "nice to see you again" she chuckled and smiled making me smile. We went to first class which was just me and Ned sitting there with Michelle and Sophie sitting in front of us. I stared at the back of Sophie's head every so often talking to Ned until the bell went. Ned and I were sitting in the cafeteria when Michelle and Sophie walked in Ned waved and they walked over with their food they sat down in front of us.

We sat their talking asking Sophie questions when Flash came around the corner and was staring at Sophie it made me feel angry he walked over to the table and Sophie just saw him and her eyes widened "FLASH!?" she asked questioningly. "yeah what are you doing here?" "I go here" she replied, "my sister and I just moved here", "I'm guessing your dad and mum stayed back... finally", he said quietly I just stared from him to Sophie he walked of and Sophie jumped up and followed they were talking in the corner I was staring until Michelle hit my arm "don't stare, anyway do any of you know what that's about we've known Flash forever and never have we seen him with her let alone even know her" I just looked down and glanced over to where Flash and Sophie were talking but they were hugging and she was crying I nudged Michelle and she just stared and murmured something I didn't catch.

Sophie's p.o.v

I was shocked there was this boy who I had been best friends with for my whole life even though we didn't live near each other we were so close. I hadn't talked to him since my father and mother got worse he knew of course. When he walked away I quickly jumped up and followed him. "sorry I hadn't talked to you for so long I got ... busy". He just looked at me "I know why" I immediately just looked at him questioningly "I got worried when you stopped talking to me and my mum talked to your sister and she told me everything", I felt my eyes welling up and tears started falling from my eyes. He pulled me in and hugged me. I started crying more and as I opened my eyes I saw Ned, Michelle and Peter staring at me. I blinked away the few tears I had left and broke away from the hug and whispered "thanks" and walked away to sit back down Michelle looked at me questioningly and I just looked at her and said "later" she nodded and turned around to the boys and started talking, peter didn't stop glaring at Flash and every so often looked at me I wasn't sure why but he looked angry.

authors note

these are the character Sophie 16 and Amber 21 they are sisters from san Francisco now live in Brooklyn as they moved away from abusive parents