I Guess I Was A Fool

"Isn't your date the day after tomorrow?"

Somin pursed her lips as she picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "Stop reminding me, Na-eun."

Na-eun frowned at her. Office hours were already over and the two of them were going to have dinner together.

"Seriously, Somin. You should give him a chance," Na-eun persisted on saying.

"You know what he did to me." She sighed.

"But we don't know if he even knows what he's done," Na-eun fired back. "You never told him your feelings, Somin. So you shouldn't use the past against him and give him a chance. And maybe he has a perfectly good excuse—"

"For breaking my heart?" Somin cut-in with a glower. "For pushing me to Tae-hyung's way instead of asking me out instead?"

"Yes." Na-eun didn't hesitate to answer. "I swear it's your massive pride that is holding you back from him, Somin."

She shook her head. "I don't want to talk about this."

"You never want to talk about this."

"If you want to nag at me then go have dinner by yourself." Somin started to leave but Na-eun hooked her arm around hers, wearing a wide grin.

"I'm in a mood for barbecue," her best friend was saying.

Somin lifted a brow. "You're treat?"

"Fine." She sighed, propelling her to the door. "Since I made you grumpy and all."

Talking about dating Woo-jin... of course she would be grumpy. What did Na-eun expect? It was fast becoming her most dreaded topic, especially since the dinner was only a day away.

But was it really her pride holding her back?

Somin was thinking this deeply when when she saw them out of the revolving doors.

Woo-jin.

And...

"Wait," Na-eun said, her eyes narrowing. "Isn't that Woo-jin's ex-girlfriend?"

**********

Somin wanted badly to get home.

She and Tae-hyung had been forced on a double date with Woo-jin and his new girlfriend.

His bratty new girlfriend.

"I can't understand why you're dating Tae-hyung," Jisun was telling her as they fixed their makeup in the restaurant ladies' room. "Woo-jin is so much hotter."

"I'm not dating Tae-hyung for his looks," Somin answered coldly.

Jisun laughed in disbelief. "With your looks? Honey, you're such a waste of a pretty face. Although... you know, I've seen pictures of Tae-hyung when he and Woo-jin were still in high school and God, he was so hot back then. You should fix him," she suggested cattily. "Make him change his self to what he was before."

See? She was such a bitch.

"I don't see why Tae-hyung and I are any of your business. And I like him the way he is."

Jisun sneered at her. "I've heard the rumors, you know. Does he know his girl friend is screwing people behind his back?"

"Careful, Jisun." Somin leaned into her and whispered dangerously, "You might not like it when I unsheathe my claws too."

An uneasy expression crossed Jisun's features but being the bitch she was, she shoved Somin aside and went out of the toilet. Somin groaned aloud in frustration. She didn't understand why Woo-jin was dating her. She didn't understand what Woo-jin saw in her. Jisun was a terrible person.

When she'd calmed herself down, she went out. Jisun was crying in Woo-jin's arms when she returned to their table.

And she was telling him that Somin had bullied her in the ladies' room.

  **********  

"Shouldn't we wait for a taxi a little further?" Somin worriedly asked.

Na-eun squeezed her arm and didn't let her move. "Shut up. I'm trying to eavesdrop."

Woo-jin and Jisun were fighting. Woo-jin was trying to make Jisun let go of his arm without hurting her but she wasn't letting him go.

"I just want you back," Jisun shouted. She was making a scene in front of the company and there were a lot of people watching them. Somin looked away, feeling sorry for Woo-jin. She wanted to interfere but she knew Woo-jin wouldn't let her. He preferred fighting his battles alone. "I just want to get back together with you."

"Well I don't," Woo-jin muttered darkly.

"Why?" she cried.

"Because you're a bitch."

Both Na-eun and Somin's heads whipped back to them.

"Excuse me?" Jisun breathed. Woo-jin wasn't the type of person to be rude, especially to women.

"Honest to god?" Woo-jin angrily leaned into her. "I was only dating you because you were good in bed. And because hearing you complain distracted me from the shit I was going through."

"But you loved me," she said loudly.

"I tried, Jisun. I tried so hard but you didn't let me." Woo-jin shook his head and finally managed to get a stunned Jisun let go of him. "Remember when you kept pulling a lot of crap on me? I still stayed with you. Because I thought... I thought you'd change eventually. But then you had to go and start hurting the people I love."

Woo-jin looked up and saw Somin. Somin's chest tightened when their eyes met.

"And I was not having any of that, Jisun," he repeated in a hard tone, never taking his eyes off Somin. "I was not having any of that."