I Haven't Forgotten You Yet

Woo-jin was sitting on a bench in the nearby park when Somin found him. His elbows were resting on his knees, his head into his hands.

He didn't seem aware that she was there until she was right in front of him. He looked at her then and Somin swallowed in shock at the completely blank expression on his face.

"What are you doing here?" he said in a dead voice.

Somin didn't exactly know what she was doing here.

She just knew that she couldn't leave him alone after what she had seen and heard.

So she didn't answer his question. She sat next to him and handed him one of the cold beers she'd bought at the convenience store on the way. His face began to relax and he gifted her a small smile as he leaned back, popping the tab. Some of the tension eased out of Somin at the sight and she sighed as she rolled her can of beer in her hands. She didn't know how to deal with a dark Woo-jin.

After a while, the silence felt awkward, so she finally looked at him and said, "We have a lot of memories in this park."

Woo-jin took a long pull of his beer before he answered. "We did. Remember when we decided where we'd all work after graduating university?"

Somin glanced at their company building and grinned. "Yeah. It happened here. I honestly thought we'd never end up working together. We were drunk and just shooting the breeze. I didn't really think you and Tae-hyung would apply there when you graduated."

Woo-jin smirked. "You should have seen the look on your face when we showed up at the university and showed you our company IDs."

She laughed. "You two looked so smug. You even managed to make Tae-hyung get a haircut."

"Yeah," Woo-jin muttered thoughtfully.

They fell silent again. Woo-jin glanced around the park, deep in his thoughts. Somin took a pull of her beer, racking her mind of something to say, something to make him feel better.

Then he broke the silence to say, "This was also the place where you broke up with Tae-hyung right?"

Somin looked at him. Woo-jin was staring at her with a pensive expression on his face.

Then she quietly said, "Yes, it was."

**********

"This isn't working, is it?" Tae-hyung told her.

They were in the park, on a date, staring at the ducks in the water.

Somin looked at him. They've been together for almost two years but he was right. This just wasn't working. They both knew of this possibility in the future when they first started going out.

Tae-hyung was still in love with this mystery girl.

And Somin was still hopelessly in love with Woo-jin.

"I'm sorry, Tae-hyung," she whispered.

Tae-hyung put an arm around her shoulder. "Don't be. I'm sorry too. I tried. But..."

She smiled and kissed his jaw. "Don't explain. We both know why."

"I'm fine with being your boyfriend, Somin," Tae-hyung sighed. "God knows I'm still searching for her and until I find her, I'm not going to look for another. Or maybe by then I'll get over her. And I can be yours completely. But you," he looked at her, "you already found him."

Somin's heart started to beat like a jackhammer as she looked at him, shocked.

"What do you mean?" She laughed nervously, taking a step away from him.

Tae-hyung stared at her, smiling sadly. "You're in love with Woo-jin, are you?"

A numbing sensation went over her skin and she stiffened.

No way. He knew.

No.

"How..." She swallowed the lump in her throat and tried again. "How did you know?"

"I'm not blind, Somin. I've always known."

"Tae-hyung—"

"I know you didn't mean to use me to try and get over him," he said in a tender voice that made her heart ache. "And I know you tried. You don't know how happy you made me since we met each other. You're an awesome person and I'm honored to be your boyfriend. Truly. But I want you to be happy Somin. I want that for you because you're my best friend."

Somin began to cry and Tae-hyung wrapped his arms around her. She laid her head against his chest, holding him close, overwhelmed by her emotions.

"Woo-jin and Jisun broke up again last night," he whispered in her ear. Somin lifted her head to look at him. "He's at the apartment. You should go."

She bit her lip. "Tae-hyung..."

"Go, Somin." He smiled at her. "Go."

She hugged him tightly.

Then she began to run.

  **********  

"You guys never told me why you broke up," Woo-jin muttered.

Somin smiled at him. "We just decided we were better off as friends."

"And it was like nothing had changed. You still hung out like before. Only..." Woo-jin inhaled. "Only you weren't kissing or... sleeping with each other anymore."

Her chest tightened. "You should have seen your face when I came out his bedroom in only his hoodie," she joked.

Woo-jin laughed but there was something forced about it. "I dropped my coffee. I remember."

Somin didn't want to talk about the past anymore. Luckily for her, Woo-jin's stomach suddenly growled.

They both laughed.

"Ramen?" Woo-jin said.

She nodded. "Ramen."