Chaos

Fortunately, I was snatched out of the air by Thor himself before my body could make contact with the concrete. When my feet touched the ground, Thor patted my shoulder gently and flew to the top of the tower as I unsheathed my scimitars. With a cry of anguish, I charged at the nearest chitauri and thrust one scimitar neatly through his head.

When the body fell, Steve came into view in the distance. After giving Stark tower a forlorn glance, I turned back to the fight and began gracefully slicing through the bodies of aliens in order to reach the others. When I finally reached my destination, Banner had arrived and Stark warned us of an incoming giant alien mother which would most likely just plow through all of us.

"I'm bringing the party to you," he warned.

"Thanks Stark, but I really do not wish to attend your party," I shouted into the radio.

As the giant beast turned the corner, the blood drained from my face and I no longer heard the others discussing any plan.

"Oh my god," I murmured, my arms dropping like led to my side as I realized that I was the closes to the incoming monster.

Banner stepped in front of me and began to transform into the Hulk when suddenly I was snatched into the air by a chitauri ship. When I regained my senses, I realized that Loki had been the one to pull me away from the beast. Although, Banner took out the alien quite quickly and I was suddenly aware that perhaps I was in more danger now than I had been before.

"Loki, please let me down," I asked quietly, wrapping my arms around his waist as he took a sharp turn and landed upon a nearby building.

When we were settled I took a tentative step from the ship onto the roof of the building, never taking my eyes off of the tense god before me.

"Loki look what you are doing," I pleaded, gesturing to the city below us which was quite literally up in flames.

"I can't stop it-" he choked, his gaze rising to meet my own before he too looked upon the damage he had brought upon New York.

"This is not entirely your fault Loki, I can help you. Find me if you choose to allow me to do so, because together we can stop this," I said hopefully, striding over to plant a gently kiss on his cheek while also gently taking his hand into my own.

He stared at me helplessly but gave my hand a tight squeeze before releasing me and allowing me to leap off of the building to save a group of citizens who had been cornered by chitauri. I managed to clear the street and free the civilians but when I looked back up, the god was gone. With a sigh, I returned to the base of Stark tower. Once there, hordes of the aliens came upon me. In every one I was only able to see the face of the purple monster who had taken over the mind of my closest friend, and with that thought in mind I wiped out waves of the chitauri until the heap of bodies around me nearly held me prisoner.

"Thanos! I know you can hear me, keep your grimy hands off of this planet!" I screeched, twirling around in a dangerous spiral as yet another alien cautiously approached only to end up as another body upon the pile.

When the street was finally clear, a familiar voice rang out clearly. I glanced up to see Loki, his eyes now a sickly blue and his face sheet white.

"You called?" he teased before beckoning me over while flying up Stark tower on a ship.

With a grunt, I teleported to the top of the tower where Loki was once again waiting for me, his eyes still evident of the fact that he no longer inhabited his own mind.

"Fight it Loki," I whispered quietly, my strength a bit lessened after teleporting.

"Your pleads fall upon deaf ears. This insolent creature is loyal only to me. I assure you that even if you and your friends win this fight, there will be no place your precious Loki can hide where I will not find him. He will be punished, then I will come to Earth myself," he warned, but his words were only those of Thanos.