Visitation

It was not long before I found myself outside of Loki's cell, hoping to talk to the defeated trickster. I had chosen to strip myself of all of my weapons before approaching the barrier between the two of us. The dark haired man sat on his small mattress, flipping boredly through pages of a book he had surely already completed.

"Loki," I called out softly, but he still did not give me a glance.

"May I enter?" I asked, staring intently at the god.

Loki's gaze pierced through me as he stared with hurt and rage, making me shudder as I never believed I would be on the receiving end of such a look from the god.

"You will not be executed Loki, I ensured your safety. When you are less angry with me, I can allow you to leave."

Mischief swarmed in the man's iris' as he began planning his escape from Asgard, making my stomach churn.

"I'm not sure if it will make a difference, but if you cause any trouble it will be my head on the chopping block," I said listlessly, lowering my gaze to my shoes as I was unwilling to be faced with the fact that Loki would sacrifice me without a second thought.

When I finally worked up the courage, I tore my gaze from the floor to watch the trickster. To my dismay, he had returned to flipping through his book absentmindedly. The sight ripped a quiet sigh from my throat and caused me to spin on my heel.

"You're welcome," I said sadly before allowing my now heavy feet to carry me away from the cell.

"Wait."

Loki's voice nearly stopped me in my tracks, but I shook my head and continued to walk only to be stopped by what he said next.

"Yes. You may enter."

I scoffed, turning back towards him with disbelief and annoyance written across my features. However, the now gentle expression on the god's face caused my anger to dissipate.

"Please," he added softly, making all remnants of irritation fall from my body.

A small smile made its way onto my face before I teleported into the cell so that I stood beside Loki. Our closeness caused my breath to shorten for a moment before I was able to shuffle backwards. When he turned to face me, I forced myself to remain calm.

"May I sit?" I asked quietly.

In response, he settled himself onto the mattress before patting the empty space beside him welcomingly.

"Thank you," I said as I lowered myself into a sitting position on the bed.

"I should be the one thanking you Anna," he breathed, staring at me intently.

"For?" I questioned.

"It would seem you saved my life again," he said mirthlessly, as though disappointed.

Seeing his expression, I delicately took his large hand in my own and gave it a squeeze. For a while, we sat in comfortable silence. Fortunately, all surrounding and nearby cells on this portion of the prison were empty for the time being which gave us some privacy to simply relax and enjoy each other's company. The silence only led to my curiosity resurfacing as I thought of when Loki had chosen to fall from the broken bridge of the bifrost, rather than climbing back up.

"Loki," I started tentatively, "Why did you let go?"

The god's eyes flashed dangerously but quickly calmed as he took a deep breath.

"After all of the lies I had been fed, I was tired. No matter what I did, I was always wrong in my actions so I chose to fall rather than face the consequences. Obviously, things did not go to plan."

His cold tone sent shivers down my spine, but I leaned my head onto his shoulder anyways. For a moment he went rigid, but soon relaxed and played with my hair, engrossed in his own thoughts.

"You know, I will be releasing you in a day or so," I started thoughtfully, "and if you choose to bolt the moment you step foot outside, I will not blame you but please do not return to Thanos. You have nothing to prove, so give up your selfish dream of ruling over a civilization you have no business being a part of."

"I won't."

The vague nature of his response made me internally nervous, but I chose to show none of it and instead stay relaxed against him.

"In case you're wondering, I will not allow you to be my sacrifice. You really believe that I would leave you to suffer for my foolishness?" he said in disbelief, going rigid beside me.

I stiffened and shook my head in denial as he nearly shook with rage.

"You believe me to be a monster?"

The question seemed to be more of a statement, and it rendered me speechless. I watched in silence as his skin turned blue before my eyes, and his eyes turned a bright red. Finally, I was able to force words from my mouth.

"No," I choked out, "You are not a monster Loki, even in this form. No matter what you may believe, I could never see you as a monster."

Loki closed his eyes and took in a shuddering breath. When I brought my fingers up to brush against his cheek, his blood red eyes were quickly opened again and he jumped backwards.

"No. It will hurt, don't touch me," he stuttered, his gaze fixed upon his hands.

Despite his warning, I slid my hand into his with a smile. For a moment, the action caused an intense burning feeling to seep into my hand but before it crept up my arm, the feeling dissipated.

"It won't hurt if you don't let it," I said quietly, planting a kiss on his cheek and admiring the Jotunn designs upon it.

A small smile crossed my face as Loki returned to his usual form, still slightly tense from his previous anger.

"See? You are not a monster, you are my king," I added, biting my lip nervously as I realized that my words may only further anger the god.

I closed my eyes to brace myself for the possible onslaught I had brought upon myself, however; instead I was pulled into a warm embrace before being dragged onto the mattress fully so that both Loki and I were laying comfortably, my head rested upon his chest. I adjusted so that I could bury my face into his neck which made the god hum contently.

I was only able to enjoy his embrace for a few moments longer before I heard guards approaching. A soft sigh left my lips as I realized that I would have to leave Loki alone in this dreary cell. When I went to roll off of the god and onto the floor, he merely tightened his grip on my waist.

"Loki, I have to leave. The guards are coming-"

"Let them see that you are mine-"

"That's not the point. I cannot stay for long. If I manage to anger Odin he may very well revoke my right to visit you at all. Goodbye Loki," I responded sadly.

Throwing aside all common sense, I kissed the god roughly just as the guards arrived before teleporting back to my own room immediately. My lips tingled at the loss of Loki's, and my adrenaline was heightened. It was only after a moment of attempting to calm down that I picked up my scimitars and headed to the training field where I could put my energy to use.