19 - Say Yes

"Promoted?" Cindy asked confused

"Promoted?" Cindy asked confused. They were standing in the middle of the dimly lit hall. Much of the people had left the office and the top floor was empty as always, having only two offices, the CEO and the PA's, covering the entire floor. "I'm sorry Mr. Thorn, I'm not getting you."

"Cindy." Xavier breathed out, walking into her office and taking a seat. Cindy followed Xavier inside, sitting down in front of him with confusion overflowing her mind. "Look, I need someone that is capable of handling everything we need done in Toronto. And after interviewing all of the people today, and after seeing you work alongside me for the past months, I think you've got it in you."

"But......" Cindy trailed off, her mind jumbled in a hurricane of different thoughts.

"There is no one more qualified in our company to handle the Managing Director position, better than you. You are so natural with the way you work, you're organized, and you're efficient. You handle most of the matters yourself and you don't come up to me every two minutes to ask me questions."

"You're offering me this job? I don't know what to say...."

A sign escaped Xavier's lips and he leaned back in his chair, crossing one of his legs on the other. "I know it's a lot to take in right now. But I also know that you're a hard worker and you'd be able to handle this." Xavier reassured. Like always his voice was full of confidence, enough to make anyone believe anything that left his mouth.

"Managing Director of Thorn Inc, Toronto. I can't even imagine it." Cindy said, testing out the position on her tongue. "But that would require me to move to Canada right?" She said, thinking out loud.

Xavier nodded, taking a deep breath. "Yes. A part of this job would definitely involve you moving out of the States and into Toronto. I know it's a big move and you've got plenty of time to think about it. But I'd love for you to consider the position. It's a great boost in your personal career as well."

As Xavier took time in explaining the clauses of the position, Cindy absorbed the information in her brain. It would be a crazy change in her lifestyle for sure.

"I'd have to start afresh in Toronto won't I? I'm not sure I have the financial abilibies to do that." Cindy let out. Of course this would be huge for her career, but she wasn't so sure she'd be able to start from square one all over again. She's faced many struggles to even maintain her current job, especially due to the incident with John Axel.

"As you know, Thorn Inc does provide living arrangements for all of our employees. You wouldn't have to worry about a thing. The company will provide you with an apartment as well as a car. The position will easily add a $1000 boost to your preexisting salary and you will also be entitled to a one month paid vacation as per request."

Once more, Cindy paused, allowing the thoughts to be processed into her mind. "The promotion is undeniably amazing and I'd love to take it. But....I-I would have to think over it. I have family here and that really affects my decision."