45 - Peanut Butter & Jelly

Before the next sun rose, Xavier and Raine had found themselves back in Xavier's mansion, tangled in between the blankets on Xavier's bed

A part of Xavier felt defeated that he couldn't find anything more about the case. He had left to go to California in high hopes that when he returned, the threat that was currently looming on Raine's head, would be taken care of.

The more he tried to solve the case, the more he found himself lost.

Xavier and Raine had gone into this, hoping to simply find Malin so that they could turn him in and so that Raine would never have to live in fear and hiding.

But that wasn't the case.

Malin was just a small pawn amongst an entire army of people, ploying to ruin Raine's life.

Xavier didn't know what was going to happen. He didn't know if he'd ever be able to find Malin or even find out the truth behind her parents' death. But if there was one thing Xavier was sure of, it was that he couldn't imagine living a life without Raine.

"Morning." Raine yawned, rubbing her eyes as she rested herself against Xavier's chest.

"Good morning, Little Rose." Xavier smiled, pecking her cheeks. "Tried?"

"Always." Raine beamed, rolling off of Xavier as she pulled herself out of bed. "But that's no excuse because today, Mr. Thorn, is our first day back at work!" She enthusiastically exclaimed.

"Ugh..." Xavier groaned. "Please Raine, we just got back from California last night. I think we both deserve a week off work."

"No can do." Raine shook her head. "Come on Xavier, get out of bed."

Xavier ignored her, rolling onto his stomach as he sinked further into bed.

"Xavier come on!" Raine urged. "You have so many meeting pending and I haven't been at the office in forever!"

At the mention of Raine's absence, Xavier shot out of bed.

"Wait a minute!" He said, grinning mischievously. "You missy, aren't supposed to be working!"

"What do you mean, I'm not supposed to be working?" Raine asked. "I'm pretty sure the last time I checked, I was the personal assistant to the CEO of Thorn Inc."

"True." Xavier said, pushing the covers off his body as he took slow steps towards Raine. "But that was before everything happened."

"And how does that change anything?"

"I don't want you to be working, Raine." Xavier said.

"And why not?" She irritatedly asked.

"Because you're mine now." Xavier shrugged. "Everything that I own is yours."

Raine laughed. "Xavier, shut up. I have a job, and I make my own money." She said looking around. "All of this is yours, and although I moved in with you, I still have responsibilities of my own."