33 - Are You Cinderella?

"Where are we going Xavier?" Raine asked while yawning

Much after Xavier had taken Raine away from the beach, they were still on the road, driving back to Paris. Raine was tired beyond belief but sleeping was out of the question. She was in France after all, a place she had dreamt of to going ever since she was a child, and only a fool would spend their time sleeping when there was so much to see and do.

Xavier glanced at Raine and chuckled. "I'm sorry, weren't you the one who said we shouldn't go back to the hotel."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you can kidnap me like this." Raine pouted.

"It isn't considered kidnapping when you willingly sit in my car." Xavier remarked smartly. "And by the way, you were the one who inspired me to take you somewhere  instead of lugging you back to the hotel and tossing you in bed where you should be resting."

"Ok fine." Raine groaned. "A clue? I deserve a clue, at least."

A smile crawled onto Xavier's face at Raine's playful behavior. Yes, it was true that he was fond of her before when she was incredibly shy, but this Raine was even more fun. Her carefree and stress free attitude had gotten Xavier to live a little for himself, instead of the world.

"Ok Ms. Woods, I'll give you one, tiny clue." Xavier said, smirking at her. "It's a typical tourist thing."

"Wow, so much for a clue." Raine said rolling her eyes. "There's only about a million different things that tourists do."

"Patients Raine." Xavier said. "Patients its the key to success."

"Says the least patient guy in the world." Raine muttered to which Xavier laughed out load.

* * *
The tower stood proudly, glimmering with the thousands of little lights that adorned it to perfection. It was tall, pointed, and witty as it rose from the ground, letting the world admire it's beauty. It was a wonder of the world and current, right in front of Raine's eyes.

"Whoa." Raine whispered, finding herself in a loss of words.

Coming to the Eiffel Tower was something that every person dreamt of when looking at a picture of Paris. But being there, living it, feeling it, the emotions that were floating in her mind at the given time, were completely unexpected.

"And that's the reaction I was looking for." Xavier said, his hands placed on Raine's shoulders as he stood behind her, looking out at the view. "What do you thing?"

"I'm speechless." Raine said. "There aren't words to describe this. Nothing."

"Wanna go up?" Xavier asked, looking at the tip of the tower.

"We can?!" Raine asked, equally as shocked as she was excited.

"Why not." Xavier said, pulled Raine into his side as they walked towards the tower.