Prologue

Cameras flash and endless chatter surrounds me. I grip the stand of the podium hard, but not hard enough to break it.

Questions were shooting at me left and right, ranging from 'How can we trust you?' to 'Are you a foreign spy?'

One last camera flashed, my eyes slightly dilating due to the bright light.

I stare at my mom in the back of the room, and she gives me a nod. I give her one back.

"E-excuse me," I start into the microphone that was placed on top of the podium.

As soon as I start, the endless talking seems to settle, and I take a deep breath.

"Listen close," My voice was as clear as sparkling water. "This is a story that is one hundred percent true, and you'd better believe it."

***

My life has never been normal, not even from the start...

"Why did you invite her here?" A man paces back and forth in the hospital room.

A woman laughs from her place on the bed. "She's my best friend, I just couldn't let her not come," She smiles down at a sleeping baby in her arms.

"I don't care of she is your best friend. She gives me the creeps," A shiver runs down the man's spine.

"Richard!" The woman chastised. "Don't be mean!"

"I'm not honey, she's just-"

"Where is the precious baby at?"

The hospital door opens and in walks a tall lady in her twenties.

Her strikingly long black hair sways behind her as she walks up to the bed beside the hospitalized woman.

She was dressed in a bright red trench coat, and had her stellar red lipstick on thick. She was beautiful, and made all other women jealous.

"Correra, I'm so happy you could make it," the woman says, raising up from where she was lying.

"Im glad to be here. The rain is getting worse outside, I almost didn't make it," Correra states, finally noticing the baby in the woman's arms.

"Oh, there she is," She says, taking the baby gently. "What's her name?"

"Andrea," Richard says, walking up to her and taking a good look, obviously judging Correra's particular fashion style.

"Hello Richard, I barely even knew you were here," She lightly chuckles. "Andrea? What a lovely name."

She gazes down at the tiny human in her arms and flashes a bright smile. Andrea giggles along, earning a smile of relief from the father of the child.

"I'm sorry I couldn't bring a gift," Correra's starts. "Tell you what, how about I just make her one?"

"Oh no you don't! You're not putting a spell on my child!" The man takes Andrea out of Correra's arms, which makes a sigh come out of her lips.