Sworn to Secrecy

I really, really didn't want to go to school today.

What if Lincoln had told someone? Is my cover blown?

I paced back and forth in my room, thinking of how I could get out of going to school.

On the bright side, however, I still have my powers, so that means that if someone knows I have them, I don't lose them.

No one in my family knows what will make me lose them. Aunt Correra never did get to finish her gift to me, so I'm stuck in curiosity forever.

I still haven't told my mom and dad that someone knows my secret, and I don't think I should. Dad would worry about me, and I'd get a hit from mom for letting my secret slip.

"Okay, I've got to go sometime," I say pulling over my clean, pink hoodie.

I eat an apple on the way to school and try to build up my confidence. My heart is beating out of my chest as I enter the glass double doors.

As I walk in, I notice that everyone is acting normal, which is good.

I start my way to my locker, looking at everyone with suspicion. Just as I'm about to reach my set of lockers, I feel a hand pull me sideways into a room.

The person who's pulling me puts their hand on my mouth, and I try to bite it.

I'm struggling hard when I notice that I'm in the dark janitor's closet.

I punch whoever is holding me, but I'm not sure where.

"Owww..." Is all I hear as I search for a light switch in the dark, cramped space.

My hands finally fine one, and I flip it on.

Someone is hunched over in the floor, holding their upper arm.

So that's where I hit them, then.

"God, you punch hard," I hear a familiar voice say.

The person who was crouched over stands up, and my eyes bulge.

Lincoln.

My hands immediately go for the door handle of the closet. Just as I'm about to open it, a hand slams down on it, closing it back.

"Hold on now," He starts, looking down at me. "I'm not done with you."

"Well, I'm done with you," I say as I start to open the door again.

He, this time, puts both of his hands on the door. One was on the left side of my head, and the other on my right, closing me in.

Our faces are a ruler's length apart, and that's close enough. His dark hair falls in his eyes, and I watch him blow it out of them. His eyes then go to mine, the dark blue of his clashing with the light blue of mine.

"What do you want?" I ask, trying to lean as far into the door as possible.

"How?" He asks, an astonished look now on his face.

"What?" I ask, confusion filling my features.

"I watched you last night. I saw you beat up five guys and throw them like they were paper," He says, turning his head to the side to observe me.

"What are you doing? Stop," I say as I push him back. He takes a couple of steps back. "I didn't do anything last night."

"Liar. You're lying, and you know it," He smirks. It's so arrogant and annoying I just want to wipe it off his face.