Weak

I'm in a jovial mood when I enter the school building the next day.

Something finally clicked and set in. I do like Lincoln, and it's totally fine! He's so adorable!

I practically skip to my locker, opening it gently. As I open it, a piece of paper flutters out, landing at my feet.

I think it's just trash that fell out, but I see something on it that catches my eye.

It's a guy's handwriting, and I know that it doesn't belong to me. I turn it over to read it, and my eyes go big.

"Hey Andrea,

I was wondering if you could maybe meet me in room 237 after school? I have something I want to tell you.

See you, Lincoln"

What the heck does that mean? What could he want to talk about? Is he going to say he likes me?

The thought of him doing that makes my heart race, and I lean my forehead against the locker to cool it off.

"Hey Andy," I hear a voice behind me, and I nearly fall out when I see Lincoln. He's smiling ever so bright, and I can't help but to stare at him.

I also hastily throw the note into my locker, shutting it. The sound surprises him, but he brushes it off.

"Hey, I'm not going to be in class today, but I promise to see you later, okay?"

I nod and watch him walk off with a group of guys.

"...bye..." I mutter as he walks off. I give a small wave with my hand, but he doesn't see it.

So he did write the letter! I will definitely see you later!

I smile and do a little jump of happiness.

***

Its now the end of the day, and I'm now looking for room 237.

"234, 235, 236," I mutter. "Ha! There it is!"

I reach for the handle, but I'm hesitant.

Do I really want to go inside? By myself? Oh shut up, inner mind. You've got this, Andy!

I put on a smile and reach for the handle, turning it. I push on the door, cracking it open, then push it halfway open.

My face drops. The note I held in my hand falls to the tile. My vision gets blurry.

"...Lincoln?" I choke.

He was propped against the teacher's desk, Whitney was in between his legs, and they were passionately kissing.

I stare at them until I can't take it anymore and I turn away.

My hand on the door handle squeezes, and I can feel the metal bend, forming into the shape of my palm.

My anger pents up, and I slam the door, the force initially cracking the glass screen that was in it.

"What was that?"

I can hear Lincoln's voice inside the room, and it makes me sick to my stomach.

My feet carry me until I start running. Tears that had been welled up begin to fall, and I can't see where I'm going.

I turn the corner of a hallway, when a sharp, thrashing pain shoots through my chest.

I wrench out a scream of pain, and I clutch my chest. It's hurts so bad, and I have to lean up against the locker to catch myself.