It's Destiny

Ignoring Lincoln was difficult work, not only running from him, but just seeing him upset when I did run from him.

He looked heartbroken, and I hated it.

It was now the end of day, and I'm sure everyone has gone home. I put my last books in my backpack and walk out of the classroom door.

"I'm so tired..." I mutter.

"Ha! I found you!"

I snap my head in the direction of the hallway and I see Lincoln running at me full speed.

"You gotta be kidding me," I say as I dart away from him.

We're running pretty fast, and my legs are killing me. We take multiple turns and at one point I nearly slip on the tile, but I catch myself.

"Andrea stop! I want to talk to you!"

The desperate tone he used in his voice got to my head and I slowed down. I then shake my head and speed up.

"I'm sorry! I can't!" I choke out, breathing heavily.

We turn two more corners, and I feel like I might pass out.

"I can't do this anymore!" I abruptly stop, and catch my breath, turning around to him. "I'm sorry Lin-"

As I turn, I notice how he's still running. He doesn't stop in time, and he ends up crashing into me, both of us tumbling onto the tile.

He's on top of me, and I feel hot breath on my top lip. My eyes open, and I see Lincoln's face dramatically close to mine.

I attempt to shout at him, but my breath hitches in my throat when I realize where his mouth is.

I- I- he's- Lincoln- he's- kissing me!

My body is stiff, and my eyes stay wide open. He quickly opens his, and they go wide as well. I'm stuck in shock, until my body has a reaction of its own.

"Eek!" I cry, pushing him off of me.

Apparently my strength gets higher in awkward situations, because I push him off of me and into the lockers. I hear his head hit the metal hard, and I cringe and run over to him.

"Lincoln! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!" I shriek out, picking him up by his shoulders and laying his head in my lap.

He's not opening his eyes, and I start to panic.

Oh my God! I killed him! I killed him!

My eyes get watery, but then I notice that his eyes start to open.

"Lincoln!"

A smile breaks out on his face, and he soon starts chuckling to himself.

Maybe I gave him brain damage?

"Gosh...you push hard..." He smiles, rubbing his head.

He stops to lean up, and he looks over at me.

"I'm sorry!" I apologize again.

A flustered smile comes onto his face. "I'm sorry, too."

I'm confused as to what he means, but it soon dawns on me, and I leap up from where I'm sitting.

My hoodie suddenly seems too hot, and my face is as red as a beet.

"N-no...it's fine! I mean...it's..." I put my hood up. "Its fine!"

I pick up my backpack from where it had fell, and I run out of the building, leaving him there.

I turn the corner to go outside, but I hit something hard. I stumble back to see that it's a girl.

She's bent over, her hair covering her face. "I'm sorry I-"

She leans up, her hair showing her face.

Upon seeing who it was, I dash off faster than I've ever ran in my life.

Why was Whitney there?! Did she see? I hope not! Oh my goodness!

***

"I'm home!" I walk through the door. "Mom is need to talk to you immediately so come to my room right now!"

I go up to my room and change into my pijamas, my mom walking in soon after.

"What happened? Are you alright? Why is your face so red?" She bolts questions at me.

"I-" I grab her by the shoulders. "Lincoln and I kissed."

She immediately screams and wraps me into a tight hug.

"Oh my God! I'm so happy! Was it good! Was he nice to you!?" Her eyes seemed to have turned into a mad man's.

I bite my bottom lip. "...Well... it was accidental. We ran into each other."

I see her eyes slightly shut as she begins to fall.

"Mom!" I catch her, pulling her back up. "What's gotten into you? I said it was an accident! He didn't mean to!"

"...I know..." She looks up at me. "The family destiny..."

"What family destiny?" I ask.

"In our family, there's a destiny. Every woman in our family accidentally kissed a boy, and then they fall in love and get married."

"What?!" I bawl. "They get married?! Does that mean me and Lincoln are going to..."

My eyes go wide again. I have to marry Lincoln?! What?! This is crazy! He doesn't even like me!

"He doesn't like me!"

"It doesn't matter! You care about him, don't you?" She asks, raising her voice.

"I...what?" I'm dumbfounded. First the book in the library, and now this. My life is becoming even more flipped.

"The way you talked about him, I can see it in your face. Heck, even a blind person could tell you have something for him!"

There's no way. He's irritating and annoying. He follows me around, and the way his hair is always in his face pisses me off. But it does look cute on him. He always smiles at me, and makes me smile back. When I ignored him, he tried ten times harder for me to notice him.

I smile.

I was so mad when he took my seat in English...yet I gave it to him anyway.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?"

I look up at my mom. "Yeah..." I breathe a sigh. "I guess I do like him, even if he is annoying and a pain."

"Your father annoys me, but I still love him," She states, sitting down on my bed.

I laugh. "Yeah... I guess you're right."