Teaser

She would have been three years old today, and not a day goes by that Lauren doesn't miss her terribly and wish she was safe in her arms.

If only she was more careful. If only she had kept an eye her better and not left her alone in the hospital room.

She wonders what she would look like now, would she be tall? Would her hair be brunette like hers?

She has so many questions that she knew she would never get answers to.

Because after all, her daughter was kidnapped, and she would never see her again.

She picks up her phone and sighs when she see's the times only nine am. She wishes she could sleep all day and get it over with; she didn't think she could face everyone's apologies and kind words of despair, because they wouldn't help, they wouldn't bring her daughter back.

Sighing tearfully, she sits up in bed and looks around the room, a frown appearing on her face when she see's how messy it was. She guesses she could tidy it, but what was the use? Nobody would ever see it but her.

She swings her legs round and lets them hang off the bed. Time to get today over with.

After having a quick shower and washing the places that needed to be washed, she gets dressed into her typical black skinny jeans and shirt, letting her hair flow loose down her back.

She couldn't be bothered to actually make an effort today.

Picking up her phone from her nightstand, she wonders downstairs and heads straight to the kitchen, putting the kettle on for her beloved coffee that she had every single morning.

While the kettle boils, she lets her mind slip back to her daughter again. Normally, she wouldn't ever think about her, turning down everyone's attempts at conversation about it when they brought it up, but for some reason today, it was different, and she didn't know why.

When she had first gone missing, Lauren didn't allow herself to feel anything, she let her body and mind go numb in fear of breaking down and losing her shit in front of so may strangers. She knew she wasn't allowed to be hurting, her daughter was the one missing with some stranger who could do anything to her, not her.

She eventually allowed the first tear to slip when three days went by with no luck. Her baby was gone, and no matter how hard she tried, there wasn't anything she could do to bring her back.

When the kettle finishes boiling, she brings herself out of her thoughts and wipes away the tears that were falling down her cheeks.

She misses her so much.

******

So, this was an idea I had. Should I carry on?