Chapter 3

Just as Lauren gathers up her things ready to leave the room, she was interrupted by a knocking on the door. She was confused for a second, but as soon as she see's it's officer Cyrus, she relaxes slightly and sends the officer a small smile.

"I just need to talk to you quickly before you leave" She says calmly, closing the door behind her.

Nodding in understanding, Lauren sets down her bag and sits herself down on the chair with her sleeping baby in her arms.

"Okay. So we've spent the last few hours searching the area for any clues as to why she suddenly appeared again, but we didn't manage to find anything, so, as whoever took her is still obviously on the loose despite our best efforts, we'd prefer it if you don't leave her side at all, and make sure you keep an eye on her at all times, no matter where you are, because it's better to be safe than sorry..."

"...Despite her age, we'll still need to interview her and ask her a few questions to see if she remembers anything about the past three years she's been gone, but that won't be happening until she's healed physically. The less stress we put on her the better. As for now, you're free to go. We're going to have a cop car follow you home just to be on the safe side, and if you see anything suspicious, call us immediately"

"Am I okay to leave the house if I need to?" Lauren asks, quietly shushing Camila when she stirs, running her hand up and down her back.

"We're not here to tell you what to do, but for yours and your daughters safety, we'd prefer it if you stay in unless it's an emergency, ie, doctor appointments, hospital appointments" officer Cyrus explains.

Lauren sighs softly. She didn't really like being stuck inside, but if it kept her daughter safe, they she'd be damned if she wasn't going to do it. Like she's said several times before, Camila was her priority now, and she had to put her first.

"Okay, got it" the green eyed girl replies.

Smiling slightly, office Cyrus speaks again, "you're welcome to head down to your car now. An officer will be down in just a few minutes to escort you back home" she says before leaving the room.

When Lauren hears a quiet whine, she quickly looks down and see's her baby stirring awake, a small pout on her tiny lips.

"Hi baby, you all done with sleeping now?" She wonders quietly, placing a gentle kiss on the tiny girls forehead.

She was thankful she stayed asleep during the whole conversation with the nurse and police officer, because with all the topics that were brought up, she doubts her reaction would have been good despite her small age of just three.

No, she didn't know what her baby had been through, but by the state of her poor body, she knows she must have been through hell and back and bringing the topic up while she was still awake would have most likely brought back memories.

Camila nods against her chest, her tiny hand once again clutching the top of her shirt.

"Good, mama's glad. You ready to go home now?" She questions, brushing the girls hair out of her face.

Lifting her head up from her mother's chest, the tiny girl nods her head as a small smile appears on her face, "ho'?"

Lauren nods, "Yeah babygirl, home" she replies.

Laying her head back down, Camila nods her head, "ho'!" she says, a tone of finality in her voice.

Smiling knowingly, Lauren grabs her bag before standing up, holding the girl in a cradling position in her arms. Making sure she was all bundled up and warm, the green eyed girl holds her daughter close to her  as she walks out of the officer room.