Chapter 2

After a while of gentle kisses and soft giggles, her baby falls asleep with her tiny hand still in hers. Lauren deems this as a time to get everything ready for her arrival at home, because after all, her home wasn't exactly a safe place for a little girl at the moment, not with the mess and the lack of baby proofing.

Placing another soft kiss onto her soft baby cheek, Lauren stands up and eases her hand out of Camila's, wincing when she stirs at the loss of contact. Thankfully, she stays asleep, allowing the green eyed girl to leave the room without a fuss.

She runs into one of the nurses on her way out, and she quickly explains her plans to her just in case Camila was to wake up before her return. The last thing she wanted was for her baby to be upset.

She makes her way down to her car that was parked it in the parking closest to the hospital, and as soon as she was buckled in and out of the way of the public, she allows the first hoarse sob to escape her lips. With the way this was all suddenly happening, she was terrified that this was just some crazy dream and she was going to wake up alone, and once again heartbroken.

After allowing herself to break down, she starts the car and pulls out of the parking space, ignoring the want to just abandon everything and go back to her baby. If she didn't leave to get everything that was needed now, she wouldn't be able to bring her home when she was discharged, so she just had to get on with it no matter how much she disliked it.

Choosing simply to go to target as that was the closest place to her, she pulls into the traffic, knowing the sooner she gets it over with, the sooner she could get back to Camila.

Pulling into the target parking lot, Lauren gets out of her car and locks it behind her, making her way into the store. She doesn't hang around as she picks up everything she needs, and after picking up the necessities, like a toddler bed, (she considered a crib, but as her baby was three, she thought that was a little too babyish) a high chair, and a stroller (mainly because of her broken leg) she picks up the smaller things.

After purchasing everything and having one of the workers help put the boxes into the trunk of her car, she gets in herself.

**

**

Sighing a breath of relief as she pulls up outside the hospital, she grabs the bag full of the necessities that was placed on the already installed car seat and closes the door behind her. She steps into the elevator and waits as patiently as she possibly could until the doors open on the floor her baby was on, and without hesitation, she walks out and heads straight to the hospital room.

She peaks inside and smiles when she see's Camila still asleep, her thumb placed into her mouth. She goes to walk in, but was stopped when she felt a hand rest on her shoulder.

She whips her head round and once again comes face to face with the nurse that greeted her earlier.

"I was just going to wake her up for a diaper change and her next round of medicine, would you like to do it?" She asks, holding out the diaper and wipes that were placed in her hands.