Chapter 20

"The trials three weeks from now, that way, it gives everyone time to prepare, including you and Camila" Officer Cyrus says into the phone, causing Lauren to sigh slightly in frustration.

In a way, she was glad it was so soon as it would be over and done with and she shouldn't ever have to go through this again, but then, she also wishes it was further away, because how do you explain to a three year old that they're gonna have to see the people who hurt them again?

She sighs again, not really knowing how to answer her own question.

"Okay, thanks for letting me know" she replies, running a hand through her hair before hanging up the phone and setting it back down onto her nightstand. She didn't bother carrying on conversation like she normally would with the police officer, because to be completely honest, she hasn't really felt like she could trust Officer Cyrus again after what she did.

No, she wasn't normally one to hold grudges with people when they do something to her, but this time, for some reason, she couldn't seem to let it go. Being betrayed by someone you once trusted was just a big hit in the face, because it showed that maybe you shouldn't trust someone you just meet so easily, you shouldn't let them break your walls down without getting to know who they really are first.

With her parents, she would have thought to know that, but oh well, everything that's happened has obviously happened for a reason.

"Alright, my sweet, lets go give you a fresh diaper before bed" She murmurs to Camila as she picks the tiny girl up from the middle of her bed. She holds her close for a second before laying her down onto the newly purchased changing table, grabbing a fresh diaper from underneath.

It was Dinah's idea surprisingly, and obviously she had thanked her for it as now she now longer had to bend down every time Camila needed to be changed, (which was now a lot more often as her diet was now more sufficient)

"Now, do you think you need a bath tonight?" She asks softly as she tugs the girls pink leggings down her legs, tossing them into the laundry basket in the corner of the room, playfully tickling the girls stomach.

Camila giggles before shaking her head, obviously loving the attention her mother was giving her.

"No? You don't? Well I suppose mama can pretend to forget about it for tonight, just for you. But you'll have to have one tomorrow" Lauren grins, taping a new diaper onto the girls hips before sitting her up, tugging the onesie off of her body and into the laundry basket with the leggings.

Camila frowns, kicking her small legs in protest when she's once again led back down, "Mama?"

"Mama too?" Lauren asks, buttoning the clean footsie onesie up.

She wishes the girl had more of a vocabulary so she could tell her things, but she knew they had plenty of time to work on that.

Camila nods her head softly as she allows herself to be lifted back up into her mother's arms, resting her head on her shoulder.

Soothingly running her hand up and down her baby's back, Lauren nods, "Okay peanut, mama with bath tomorrow too" she murmurs, pressing a gentle kiss onto the side of Camila's head, bringing her hand down to place gentle pats onto her padded butt.

"Now, lets get you fed before we brush our teeth and go to bed" she says, setting Camila back down into the middle of the bed.

Whilst making sure to keep a close eye on the girl so she wouldn't fall, Lauren quickly hurries to the bathroom to wash her hands and change out of her day clothes. Once done, she walks back into her room with a small smile on her face.