Chapter 14

"Alright, where to first?" Dinah asks as Lauren pulls up into the mall parking lot, unbuckling her seatbelt as she glances the green eyed girls way. The journey to the mall was quiet, but not uncomfortable, with the radio playing faintly in the background.

Sighing lightly, Lauren unbuckles her seatbelt as she pulls her sunglasses up to rest on the top of her head, "uhhh I'm not sure. Wherever our legs take us I guess" she replies, a smirk appearing on her face as she opens the car door, getting out and walking round to the back.

She hears Dinah's faint response as she closes the door behind her, and she has to hold back her laugh.

She opens the back door and comes face to face with her baby, "Hi peanut, you okay?" She asks softly as she unbuckles the girls seatbelt, pulling her arms out of the straps.

A smile appears on her face when camila nods in reply, and she lifts the girl into her arms before closing the door behind her. She adjusts her on her hip making sure to keep her leg supported as she turns to face Dinah.

"Alright girls, lets go" She says as she begins to walk towards mall doors. She smiles when she feels Dinah's fingers brush hers as they walk , and she happily takes her slightly larger hand in her grip, brushing the pad of her thumb over the side.

She ignores the funny feeling in her stomach at the familiar contact and instead focuses ahead of her; knowing it was probably only happening because she was hungry.

She finds it a little odd that this has never happened before though, but she wasn't going to let that phase her.

"Lets head to Clair's" Dinah interrupts, dragging both mother and daughter towards the suggested store.

"Dinah, you're 21, not a child; why do you want to go to Clair's?" She asks, rolling her eyes, "you're aunties silly, you know that right?" She asks Camila, bouncing the tiny girl slightly on her hip as she pecks her cheek.

"Silly" the girl agrees, gripping onto the top of her mother's shirt tightly as she lays her head against her shoulder.

Dinah scoffs, a mock offended expression appearing on her face as she releases the green eyed girls hand. Lauren tires to ignore the dejected feeling in her stomach at the lack of contact, and she forces a smile onto her face as the taller girl starts to speak.

"I'm well aware that I'm not a child Lauser, and I'm not silly" she says, playfully poking the toddlers nose with her pointer finger.

Lauren's smiles at her baby's giggle, and all three head into the store.

**

"So, do you like the new stuffie auntie Dinah got you?" Lauren questions the tiny girl as they head out of the mall.

The three had been there for at least two hours, and after several trips back to the car because amount of things she's brought for Camila's room, she deems it the right time to go back home.

"Kitty" the girl in her arms grins, holding the small stuffed animal up for her mother to see

While they were in the last store of the day, Dinah had offered to buy it for her after Camila had picked it up while Lauren's wasn't looking, and as the tiny girl had been so good throughout the whole shopping trip; not once complaining, she had agreed with ease knowing the girl deserved a treat.

"You're right it's a kitty! You're such a clever girl" The green eyed girl praises, placing a kiss onto the girls cheek.

Camila blushes at her mother's words and allows herself to be set back into her car seat, her attention on her newly brought stuffed animal. She had never had one before so she she was very intrigued.

"Back home now?" Dinah asks, closing the trunk after placing the last of the bags inside.

Lauren nods her head, "Yeah, I need to get little madam here fed. She hasn't eaten since breakfast. Wanna get drive through on the way back?" She asks, getting into the car herself.

"Sounds good" the taller girl says with a smile.

**

"Do you think you know why they did it?"

Lauren shrugs her shoulders at her friends question.

They had been home for about an hour now, and for at least half of that, they'd been on the topic of her parents. She thought it would hurt talking about them, but surprisingly it doesn't; in fact, it kinda felt nice not keeping it all inside her head for her to deal with on her own.

"I was young, basically still a kid to them. I don't think they liked the fact I was growing up and moving on with my life" She replies quietly as she gently rocks Camila in her arms. The girl had just finished nursing and was contently led in her mother's lap, her new stuffie clutched close against her chest.

"They probably thought that if I lost something important in my life, I'd come crawling back to them" she adds, rolling her eyes.

"Well, that backfired" Dinah says.

"Eventually, yeah. It just sucks that they thought it would take something to this extent for that to happen" Lauren murmurs.

Dinah nods, silently agreeing with her, "Do you hate them?" She wonders quietly.

Lauren's doesn't answer that question straight away; she doesn't know how to. Does she hate them? She doesn't know. Does she want to? Yes, so badly.

What they did was beyond cruel and anybody in their right mind would hate someone for doing that to them, but at the end of the day, they were still her parents, they brought her up and looked after her for seventeen years, and even though she wants to hate them for what they did and what they were going to do, she just...couldn't, and she hated herself for that, so badly.

She sighs and hesitates slightly before talking, "no, I don't think so. I just hate what they did"

"You don't hate them? Even after what they did to you? What they did to your baby?" Dinah asks, her voice in a tone that wasn't so happy.

"They're still my parents Dinah-"

"And if my parents did that to me, I wouldn't just hate them, I'd despise them. They kidnapped your baby from you, neglected her and tried to blame you for all of it. I don't understand why you appear to be okay with all of that" Dinah cuts her off, her voice raised slightly.

Lauren stays quiet, not really knowing how to respond to her friends words. Dinah was right, she knew that, but she doesn't have the guts to actually admit that out loud.

She understands why Dinah feels that way, because she wants to feel that way too, but-

"Nothing to say huh? Pathetic"

That was all Dinah says before she leaves the room, leaving Lauren sat on the couch with tears streaming down her already wet cheeks.

She doesn't know why she's reacting like this, after all, Dinah was only being truthful and telling her what she was struggling to accept, but much to her surprise, her best friends words had cut through her like a knife and had made her feel like shit for the first time ever.

She doesn't think they would bother her coming from a stranger, but this was from someone she's been close to for years, and being called pathetic by someone like that, hurts.

Were friends supposed to make you feel like this?

Before she could get up to figure out the answer to her question, she was interrupted by her daughter.

***

I'm so freaking tired so only 100 votes for the next chapter to be posted straight away.

Stay strong ❤️