Part 1

Steve's fist clenches as he glances across the hotel lobby and sees Nancy and Jonathan fucking canoodling or some shit on one of the small sofas.  Chief Hopper had thought it would do everyone some good to go on a vacation of sorts. But really, Steve thought that he just wanted a chance to hook up with Joyce.

So here they all were, at a small, sketchy hotel just outside of Chicago. What a vacation. Really this means that Steve had to keep an eye on the six kids: Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Will, El, and Max, whose parents for some reason had all allowed this trip to happen in the first place.

    'Nancy's such a bitch,' Steve thought. He hated her. He couldn't believe the fact that he used to think he loved her. He hated her almost as much as he hated Jonathan. 'That sack of-'

"Steve! Steve! Steve! Can we go to the pool yet?" Mile practically bounces up and down. He was excited to take El swimming, as she had never really been.

    "Once Hopper gets back with the room keys," Steve assures, glancing down at Mike and El's intertwined hands. They had been attached at the hip (or hand) ever since she reappeared.  Steve still didn't really understand what had happened, or who she is, but he knew that she was important. Hopper seemed to think so, at least.

    Mike goes and rejoins the others, as Lucas sits a little too close to Max (not that she minded) and Dustin chatted blissfully with Will, who has been improving more and more since the Shadow Monster left.

    Steve can't help it as his gaze draws back to the couple across the lobby. His nails dig into his palms as he watches them kissing. It's disgusting. But why does he find himself unable to look away?

○○○○○

    Jonathan doesn't think there's anything better than Nancy's lips. He loves how soft and warm they are, and how they fit so well with his.

    "He's watching again, isn't he?" Nancy sighs as she breaks away from the kiss. Jonathan glances over her shoulder quickly and locks eyes with Steve. It takes a few moments for him to finally look away.

    "No, he's busy with the kids," Jonathan lies. How was he supposed to tell Nancy that sometimes he liked it when Steve watched them?

    "I just wish he's leave us alone," Nancy sighs. She hated Steve. She could never forgive him for treating her like she did. She tried to be with him, tried to love him, for months. But all the while she was thinking of how great it felt to be in Jonathan's arms.

    "Just ignore him," Jonathan suggests.

    "I've been trying," Nancy stresses. She could never shake the feeling of his eyes boring holes into the back of her head.

    He doesn't say anything, but wraps his arm tightly around her.

○○○○○

    Steve corrals the kids up into two of the hotel rooms, one for the boys and one for the girls. There was one other room that Joyce was forcing Steve and Jonathan to stay in. She said that Nancy could stay with Elle and Max.

    As the kids quickly got their swimsuits on, Steve reluctantly put his on as well. He couldn't get his mind off having to share a room with Jonathan for four nights. It sounded like hell to him.

    The kids were all so excited to swim; they practically flew down the steps. Steve followed  quickly behind them with the key to get in.

    It's almost half an hour later that Nancy and Jonathan finally walk into the pool room. Steve notes that Nancy is wearing the same black one-piece that she wore to his party all that time ago. But he can't stop looking at the navy blue swim shorts that cling to Jonathan's hips.

    "Steve! Watch me!" Dustin shouts as he launches himself into the pool, causing water to splash out at everyone else. Soon thereafter, all the kids and getting out of the water just to jump back in.

○○○○○

    Jonathan and Nancy make their way over to the hot tub that's practically steaming. He sits beside her in the water, gently running his fingers through her hair.

    "How are Barb's parents?" he asks Nancy. She glances at him for a moment, then drops her gaze to her hands as she picks at her nails distractedly.

    "They're fine. Better than before, I think," Nancy shrugs. She felt bad for them, but was tired of feeling guilty for what happened. Jonathan kept reminding her that it wasn't her fault, and maybe she's starting to believe that.

    "It's not your-"

    "I know it's not my fault, Jonathan, but that doesn't mean I can't feel bad about what happened," Nancy interrupts.

    "I mean at least-"

    "I don't want to talk about this anymore."

    "Okay." Jonathan sighs. He didn't know how to help her. Even if she said she was fine, he could still see it in her eyes how much it all has affected her. She still has nightmares, at least once a week. He doesn't know how this week will be, but he really hopes that she doesn't worry Max and Elle.

    "I think it's absolutely ridiculous that I have to room with the kids," Nancy mutters after a few moments of silence (except for the kids yelling in the background), "can't we just convince Steve to sleep with the boys?"

    "Joyce said five people is too many to have in one room, and he can't stay in the girls' room," he reminds her. He doesn't know how to feel about the whole situation yet,  but he doesn't think he's as opposed to it as he should be.