Chapter Six

WYATT

"Mr. Cordova, magagalit sa akin si sir Wyatt. He's a busy person and-" I paused from the  when I heard my secretary's agitated voice from outside my office.

"I don't care! I can have your company shut down with just a snap of a finger, you'll see!" A man's strong voice furiously said and then my door swung open in a loud thud as it hit the wall behind it. In came the Phoenix Cordova, his face was red and blazing with anger. As a businessman myself, I had always looked up to him. He was the pinnacle of a success businessman. I had so much respect for him that each and  every time he'd beg me to let his daughter off the hook, I oblige. But the last antic that Veronica did was the last straw the broke the camel's back. I denied his request when he asked me again to not file any case against her. 

I bolted up from my seat like a jack-in-the-box when I saw him. I walked over to where he stood. "Mr. Cordova, what brought you- son of a bitch!"

I held my throbbing jaw. He stormed towards me and held me by the collar.

"Dad, stop it!" Ronnie barged in and tried to pull her father away from me. "Dad!"

"What the fuck did I do?"

"Bakit hinipuan mo ang anak ko?" He growled like a ferocious tiger.

"The fuck?" I looked back at the devil and his little spawn, completely bewildered. "Hindi ko hinipuan ang anak mo."

"Don't you fucking lie to me! There were pictures of you with your hands on her chest!" His voice was strangled with so much fury.

"It's not what it looks like." I told him.

"Fuck you! Nobody touches my little girl!" Suddenly, he was taking out a gun from his inner suit pocket.

"Oh, hell no!" I raised both my hands. "Sir, Mr. Cordova, please put the gun down. Have you seen the videos? I tried to save your daughter from embarrassment! Naghubad siya sa harap ng bahay ko at sinubukan ko siyang takpan. Hindi ko siya hinipuan! Veronica, tell him what really happened."

"Dad..." She shielded her body right in front of me. "Dad, calm down. Don't shoot him!"

"He groped you, didn't he?" He asked his daughter.

"I... no, Dad..." Veronica let out a deep exhale. "Joke lang yun."

"VERONICA!" His powerful voice boomed throughout the room. 

"Okay, natakot akong magalit ka sa akin. Hindi naman niya ako hinipuan... intentionally. But he did touch my boobs." 

"Veronica, he's going to kill me! DO SOMETHING!" I exclaimed when I saw how Phoenix Cordova's jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed into slits as he pointed the gun right in the middle of my eyes. 

"It was my fault, Dad! He was trying to cover me up! Lazaro saved me from further embarrassment. He covered me up and took me to his home. He even gave me a shirt to use!" Natatarantang sabi niya.

Phoenix Cordova's face softened a bit and he lowered his gun down. 

"Calm down, Dad. Give me the gun." Veronica softly said as she slowly walked towards her father. She reached down to take the gun from his hand but Phoenix swift movement took us aback. He raised his hand up again and pointed the gun to me as he walked towards me. Humalik sa noo ko ang nguso ng baril.

"Fuck!" I cussed. "Danica!"

"S-sir, I already called the securities. Paakyat na sila." My secretary said from outside my room, her voice trembling with fear.

"Securities? Call the fucking army! He's going to kill me!" I shouted.

"Hihipuan mo pa ang anak ko?" He asked, shoving the gun harder against my forehead.